Friendzone(d)

Armen
Veteran

Re: Friendzone(d)

Post by Armen »

I will not lock this but keep in mind not to get too aggressive.
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

Alright. I want to make it clear why I hate when people bitch about being "friendzoned". I'll do it with a scenario.

You have a friend you really like, but you haven't told her and you decide you want to now. She relies on you and talks to you about her feelings, you know, because that's what friends do with each other. You make her feel comfortable being close as friends and she tells you a lot about her life. You tell her that you like her, and she replies that she doesn't like you back. Rejection. We all face it at least a few times in life. Maybe even more often than not. But what is something that not everyone does? Blame it on the girl/guy that didn't like them and get angry and bitter towards them for solely not having feelings for you. Crying about that you were "friendzoned" is only trying to make the girl/guy feel bad for not being attracted to you. No one should feel bad for saying no. No one should feel bad for being honest. I don't care if you're the nicest guy on earth, if there is no requited love, there will not be a connection. Women are told to "let them down easy" and try to protect their feelings. But when women lie and say they have a boyfriend, etc, they're also seen as bad people.

It's seriously ridiculous.

And then, what I hear too often is,
"Girls only go for assholes, why don't they date me? I'm stuck in the friendzone. Fucking bitches."

Some women and men do go for people solely on looks and sexual attraction, so what? Why do we blame women/men for dating shitty people rather than teaching people, you know, not to be shitty.

It is not the definition of "friendzone" that bothers me, but the feelings that are behind it that make women and men that "friendzone" someone seem to be horrible people for not having feelings for them. It's the blame that is put on women AND men that they are horrible people for not wanting to date you and only thinking of you as a friend. Thinking someone is nice and enjoying their company is only a small part of romantic attraction.

Most guys that have to say that they're nice, aren't truly nice. If you need to explain any aspect of yourself because it's not portrayed in such way, you probably aren't.

Anyway, I apologize to many people for making it seem like I was attacking a specific gender, I was not. I have been rejected more times than not, and I haven't cried about being friendzoned to anyone. It's not easy getting over rejection, but you get over it eventually.

Thanks, pals.
Last edited by Serena on Fri May 29, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

princessa_karly wrote:Alright. I want to make it clear why I hate when people bitch about being "friendzoned". I'll do it with a scenario.

You have a friend you really like, but you haven't told her and you decide you want to now. She relies on you and talks to you about her feelings, you know, because that's what friends do with each other. You make her feel comfortable being close as friends and she tells you a lot about her life. You tell her that you like her, and she replies that she doesn't like you back. Rejection. We all face it at least a few times in life. Maybe even more often than not. But what is something that not everyone does? Blame it on the girl/guy that didn't like them and get angry and bitter towards them for solely not having feelings for you. Crying about that you were "friendzoned" is only trying to make the girl/guy feel bad for not being attracted to you. No one should feel bad for saying no. No one should feel bad for being honest. I don't care if you're the nicest guy on earth, if there is no requited love, there will not be a connection. Women are told to "let them down easy" and try to protect their feelings. But when women lie and say they have a boyfriend, etc, they're also seen as bad people.

It's seriously ridiculous.

And then, what I hear too often is,
"Girls only go for assholes, why don't they date me? I'm stuck in the friendzone. Fucking bitches."

Some women and men do go for people solely on looks and sexual attraction, so what? Why do we blame women/men for dating shitty people rather than teaching people, you know, not to be shitty.

It is not the definition of "friendzone" that bothers me, but the feelings that are behind it that make women and men that "friendzone" someone seem to be horrible people for not having feelings for them. It's the blame that is put on women AND men that they are horrible people for not wanting to date you and only thinking of you as a friend. Thinking someone is nice and enjoying their company is only a small part of romantic attraction.

Most guys that have to say that they're nice, aren't truly nice. If you need to explain any aspect of yourself because it's not portrayed in such way, you probably aren't.

Anyway, I apologize to many people for making it seem like I was attacking a specific gender, I was not. I have been rejected more times than not, and I haven't cried about being friendzoned to anyone. It's not easy getting over rejection, but you get over it eventually.

Thanks, pals.
All I say is that both sides have their fair share of faults. Not a whole in particular. Why I believe that it's pointless to even mention it cause it gets generalized in the end. Or at least given the image of it.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Fri May 29, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

The point is, stop making anyone feel bad for not wanting to date you.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Look at it like this, and tell me how you'd feel:

You REALLY REALLY liked someone. LIKE, REALLY liked them. LOVE THEM, even, and they don't love you back. And they make that clear.
THEN, say, one or two years later you've moved on. Maybe not found someone else, but moved on. THEN, they come back and try to get together with you?

How would you feel?

Jus' Sayin.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Look at it like this, and tell me how you'd feel:

You REALLY REALLY liked someone. LIKE, REALLY liked them. LOVE THEM, even, and they don't love you back. And they make that clear.
THEN, say, one or two years later you've moved on. Maybe not found someone else, but moved on. THEN, they come back and try to get together with you?

How would you feel?

Jus' Sayin.
I wouldn't care because I had already moved on? Just as the feelings changed for me, their feelings changes towards me and they want to be with me, but if I legitimately moved on, I wouldn't care.

I don't see what your point is. If you moved on from someone, you shouldn't care if they suddenly have feelings for you. And if you do care, you haven't moved on. Simple.
Last edited by Serena on Sat May 30, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

LewandaSillyFeathers wrote: I mean if you wanna cuddle I'm up for it. ;)
I'M ALWAYS UP FOR CUDDLES
ImageImage