How To Upload A Lot Of Pictures To Forums

Fire
Owner

How To Upload A Lot Of Pictures To Forums

Post by Fire »

This will teach you how to upload a entire folder worth of photos without a bunch of copy and pasting.

Programs Needed:

Dropbox - Will allow free drag and drop file hosting.

NotePad++ - Will allow for easy link editing.

Once you have downloaded the two above files (shouldn't take more than 5 minutes) follow the steps listed below.

1. Open notepad and copy code below and save as filegen.bat

Code: Select all

dir /b /o:n >C:\WINDOWS\Temp\file_list.txt
	start notepad++ C:\WINDOWS\Temp\file_list.txt 
2. Go to: C:\Users\Fire\Dropbox\Public\ and create a folder (this is were you will place all your pictures). Place all pictures you wish to upload in new folder.

3. Place filegen.bat in your new folder and run it (this will open notepad++ and list of all the files in your folder).

4. Minimize notepad++ and log into the dropbox website. You will need to find the URL for your public photos (see picture below).

5. Copy the URL up to the point of the file name (see highlighted URL in picture below).

6. Now that you have your URL go back to the notepad++ list and click on the very first column.

Press Alt+C and in the first box place:

Code: Select all

[img]www.yourURLhere
Press enter and it should place the image tag along with your dropbox URL in the front of each line.

7. Now press Ctrl+H and replace all jpg with jpg[/img] (this will place the ending image tag at the end of each line).

8. Copy list onto thread and post!

Any questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
soulharvester
Veteran

Re: How To Upload A Lot Of Pictures To Forums

Post by soulharvester »

That would indeed be useful for uploading a shit load of pictures at once,

I've had both programs for a while now but I've never actually uploaded many images at once, I'll keep that technique in mind when I do in the future.