After reading Spicy Candies Guide for FF2 (which this will be model closely after because I am not a writer nor original), I was inspired to spend this time creating a GENERAL guide for deathrun for the people that join and say to themselves "What the hell?" and leave.
What is Deathrun?
-Deathrun is a mod of FF2 which pits a team of "Runners" (Red) against one Hale/Activator/Billy (Blu) in an obsticle course like arena in which the runners want to make it to the end and the hale wants to kill them before they make it by activating various traps along the way.
Whats the easiest thing to do to improve?
-Play. Undestanding the traps is quite crusial and observing advanced players while in spectate can teach you a few tricks along the way.
- hale is to lazy and or inexperienced to attempt to win the game and doesn't activate traps. Beware of liars and trickery such as free rum instead of free runrushing
- running through the traps (usually boosted) in order to make the hale uncomfortable by not allowing him to get mentally prepared to activate a trap and therefore speeding through a few traps until you stop, hale kills you, or you win.
ALWAYS crouch jump. It can make the difference between life and death.
Every Class Should Equip:
- Cosmetics to show off your skillz
- Fancy taunt (H5 to celebrate with teamates; Laugh Taunt to anger the hale after you trick him into activating a trap or pass the trap without being killed)
Biased Recomended Loadout:Scout
- Probably the most Played class in Deathrun even though his speed and jumping bonus' are removed. Remember that weapons that give him increased amount of jumps are removed (Force a Nature, Atomizer, Boston Basher, Three Rune Blade) along with weapons that for some reason granted him default move speed (Botkiller Scatters.)
Primaries- Doesn't matter most of the time we aren't focused on killing the hale just getting through.
Secondaries - Bonk Atomic Punch or Crit o Cola both are modded to do the exact same function and provide a brief speed boost to help the player rush past the hale
Melee - Again doesn't really matter although on a few maps the sandman/wrap assassin's projectile may indicate which path is safe in breakawaysSoilder
- Not Played to often unless to show off fancy hats or to use the cow mangler/escape plan combo. Disinaplanary Action is disabled
Primary - Cowmangler 5000: charge shot allows you to deal damage to yourself.
Secondary - Doesn't matter
Melee - Escape Plan: after you bring yourself to low health allows you to run at incredible speeds. Unfortunately takes awhile to get to low health and so you won't be doing to much rushing.Pyro
- The best class to play when you know that at the end of the round a fight minigame or simular will be chosen.
Primary- Stock/ Degreaser/ Rainblower: you NEED airblast to be effective against the hale and there's nothing the hale can do when he's being airblasted because he has no ranged weapons and no rage. Extremely effective when combined with an uber as the crits you gain from an uber+ being imune to any of hales attacks allows you to W+M1 him down in ~10 secs
Secondary- Shotgun: Supreme pyros use stock shotty
Melee- All melee's have crits so feel free to move away from axtinguisher(Powerjack removed)Demo
- Meh class any charge related weapon is replaced by stock. Sticky launcher ok for setting a minefield for hale to walk across in fightHeavy
- The pootis warrior. Great class to play for beginners as long as you have the weps that make him great
Primary- Whatever doesn't really matter you annilate hale with an uber any weapon you chose
Secondary- SANDVICH give health to yourself or teamates. Some traps drain health slowly and a few even lead to an easter egg in the map such as a music room. Eat sandvich at low health.
Melee- Gloves of Running Urgently: Modded to give an increased speed boost but beware, they drain 7 hp per second while equip so make sure you have a Sandvich or a some other form of heals at your disposal.Engi
- Least Played Class for a reason: no reason to play. Has no advatage over hale in fight as his buildings are removed.Medic
- Another Great Class to play helps heal teamates that survive traps that drain health
Primary- Overdose increased move speed as more uber.
Secondary- everything changed to stock anyway
Melee- Doesn't really matter thought the amputator can heal groups of people with its tauntSniper
- Few advantages to playing but still fun
Primary- Anything that can scope. Crouch, look straight up, repeatedly scope and unscope, profit
Secondary- Jarate : some believe that the ~1 sec of splash jarate makes while impacting a solid object blinds the hale long enough to sneak past
Melee - doesn't matterSpy
- Same as sniper mostly played for the hell of it although a few maps feature normal turrets in traps which you can become immune to via disquise. Also spycrab.
Let me Know what if I missed anything below.