Steam Not Logging On

Crazy

Steam Not Logging On

Post by Crazy »

I was on stream this morning and my steam was working fine. When i started up steam later in the day, it said that my credentials have expired or something. I tried logging in several time with different passwords and none of them worked. I also received a mysterious email from steam and it stated.

Dear Steam User,
This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.
Steam account name: [My steam name]
You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.
The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com

I do not know if i should be worried. I need help with my problem. I have sent a support ticket to steam and i am waiting for a reply
I have tried to reset my password and get to the screen were it asks me for a verification code and i get no email, I check my spam, junk, etc.

Thanks
Crazy
Last edited by Crazy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Re: Steam Not Logging On

Post by soulharvester »

I'm hoping no one else has had access to your account, because if someone did they could have changed the email settings and then deleted all the emails relating to it, successfully stealing the account until you got to support with an old CD key/receipt or something, if you have one.

Essentially it's a waiting game, unless you can retrieve the password/verification code somehow.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy

Post by Crazy »

Well thanks soul, i had to wait three days for steam to answer my ticket and my account is restored. Thanks for your reply!!

Thanks
Crazy
Last edited by Crazy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

You were lucky that steam guard needs to be on to trade, if you have any items on tf2/gifts worth stealing.