Teach Me How To Overclock My Cpu?

3Percent
Veteran

Re: Teach Me How To Overclock My Cpu?

Post by 3Percent »

BlackKnight wrote:
3Percent wrote:my dual core does wonders with multiple applications running ;)
steam LoL Ventrillo itunes iE etc etc etc etc etc etc.... every piece of the puzzle matters....

but i need new graphics card... i got a 1gb something or other... not cutting it for me....
1. Which dual core CPU do you have?
2. Is it overclocked? If so, how much?
3. Graphics cards are more than the size of their cache. You need to pay attention to clock speeds and # of processing cores. And as I stated earlier, if you wait a few months, nVidia is coming out with their next gen line, that implements the 28nm technology that the new AMD cards are also using (Though their line was rushed and is currently seeing drivers issues big time).
i need to buy a new graphics card... mine is horrible. new one soon.
im not over clocked... sitting at 2.7
i can clock to probably... 3.3? 3.4? i forget what i read.... id want new power source and cooling system if i were to over clock.

but i def want a quad core for my bday, OCT. wud be way better investment then a dual.
Last edited by 3Percent on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlackKnight

Re: Teach Me How To Overclock My Cpu?

Post by BlackKnight »

You can clock as high as you want :-P Just whether or not it will be stable and NOT fry your CPU. I had my 2.4 up to 4... but the voltages were at an unsafe level for air cooling, and the unit heated up... a lot. 100+C which is over what it is officially rated for. (for a Q6600)