Teach Me How To Overclock My Cpu?

preston
Veteran

Re: Teach Me How To Overclock My Cpu?

Post by preston »

TechieGee wrote:But what's your professional opinion, since you seem to know a lot about computers?
Can you find me a list of things to build a PC with? It should be a fairly good PC, capable of running most games at decent or high settings.
I'm hoping for around $600-$800.
Message me on steam I can find something for you.
Last edited by preston on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlackKnight

Post by BlackKnight »

You can message me on steam or on here with the specifics of what you want, and I will also set up a build for you. When people compete, you win.
Last edited by BlackKnight on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
preston
Veteran

Post by preston »

PICK ME PICK ME!!!!
(jk)
Last edited by preston on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlackKnight

Post by BlackKnight »

Also, despite this thread's topic of teaching you how to overclock, if you're really serious about building a new computer for 600-800 dollars you won't have to worry about overclocking. Although, depending on the specifics you provide me, I can include a detailed guide to overclocking your cpu to a degree that will see an improvement in performance without too much of a hit in the heat department. (1. The cost range, yes I know you said 600-800 bucks 2. A target game that you want to be able to play easily 3. peripherals that you own that you don't mind keeping 4. size constraints 5. cooling preference air or liquid [I lean towards air, liquid is only necessary with extreme overclocking in my experience] 6. How much HD space you require 7. Manufacturers/companies you would prefer to purchase from)

I will also include a guide on testing your components for faults and benchmarking.
Last edited by BlackKnight on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TechieGee
Veteran

Post by TechieGee »

That's just it. I havree no clue what parts are good and whatnot. There are no specific things I want in particular, as long as it's the best gaming PC I can get for under $800. I want to be able to run games on high settings.
Last edited by TechieGee on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you need any help, just shoot me an email!
techie.gee@gmail.com
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Last edited by soulharvester on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fatty
Veteran

Post by Fatty »

well i overclocked mine yesterday and it only took me like 5 minutes

5 simple steps,

#1 Open your computer case by removing the screws on the back

#2 take off the fan on top of cpu

#3 remove cpu from the slot

#4 now turn your computer off and unplug it (remember to do 1-3 while computer is running)

#5 Put your cpu on top of the closest clock you see and Blaam, you have overclocked your cpu

You are welcome
Last edited by Fatty on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

Fatty wrote:well i overclocked mine yesterday and it only took me like 5 minutes

5 simple steps,

#1 Open your computer case by removing the screws on the back

#2 take off the fan on top of cpu

#3 remove cpu from the slot

#4 now turn your computer off and unplug it (remember to do 1-3 while computer is running)

#5 Put your cpu on top of the closest clock you see and Blaam, you have overclocked your cpu

You are welcome
Smart ass xD
Last edited by DutchKitty on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Good Guy Greg

Post by Good Guy Greg »

Preston is actually right, because i have a 2 ghz processor and i run games like Skyrim and Bulletstorm just fine, so the problem is not your processor.
Last edited by Good Guy Greg on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Favorite People-
TechieGee (Yur Maddur)
Radioactive
Most Wanted
Jeffy (FUCK THE PO-LEEC)
Lefty (Dey are dere)
Comeback Kid
EVERYONE :3
preston
Veteran

Post by preston »

i Know because i could run CS:S with like 60 FPS back when i had a 2.4ghz single core processor, but i had a decent graphics card for the time. Some games are more CPU intensive, but most are more GPU intensive.
Last edited by preston on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.