looking into a new gaming setup.

soulharvester
Veteran

Re: looking into a new gaming setup.

Post by soulharvester »

You said your price range was around $1000, that's plenty enough for a $200 GPU?

edit:

Dude, give me a solid price range about $200 below what you can/will actually spend on this thing (taxes/OS will take up something about that much) and give it to us, and let us pick the stuff. You're free to ask questions about parts and what does what and or why you need something, but so far you're trying to buy something from cyberpowerPC (which although it's an alright place, it's not only cheaper in the long run to buy solid dependable parts yourself, but better because you'll actually know what's inside your computer, so when something breaks you can find it and possibly replace it without getting charged a $100+ service fee at bestbuy). and or trying to put a $50 card in that won't perform as well as just using the integrated graphics with the i5.
Last edited by soulharvester on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:You said your price range was around $1000, that's plenty enough for a $200 GPU?

edit:

Dude, give me a solid price range about $200 below what you can/will actually spend on this thing (taxes/OS will take up something about that much) and give it to us, and let us pick the stuff. You're free to ask questions about parts and what does what and or why you need something, but so far you're trying to buy something from cyberpowerPC (which although it's an alright place, it's not only cheaper in the long run to buy solid dependable parts yourself, but better because you'll actually know what's inside your computer, so when something breaks you can find it and possibly replace it without getting charged a $100+ service fee at bestbuy). and or trying to put a $50 card in that won't perform as well as just using the integrated graphics with the i5.
i got the vid card settled, i can spend 150 more bucks, these are the only parts im concerned about, if you got any more suggestions soul, would love the hear them :smile:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Chipset Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Touch Bios, Ultra Durable 2, On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

are you still using cyberpowerPC?

(also what GPU did you settle on?)

edit: Okay so you were just ignoring me and using cyberpowerPC anyways, have fun getting it fixed at bestbuy when something fails on you or part of the liquid cooling system breaks and shorts out the system.

To be honest I tried giving you advice but you're intent on having cyberpowerPC do everything for you, enjoy your sub-par PC.
Last edited by soulharvester on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:are you still using cyberpowerPC?

(also what GPU did you settle on?)

edit: Okay so you were just ignoring me and using cyberpowerPC anyways, have fun getting it fixed at bestbuy when something fails on you or part of the liquid cooling system breaks and shorts out the system.

To be honest I tried giving you advice but you're intent on having cyberpowerPC do everything for you, enjoy your sub-par PC.
I just like the cases that they have, and how they offer the keyboard moniter and mouse and everything all toghether. alot cheaper.

Gigabyte N65TOC-2GI Graphics card - 2 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM is what im aiming at
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.