My new setup: comments

soulharvester
Veteran

Re: My new setup: comments

Post by soulharvester »

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Yeiz

check this out, see if I missed anything that you would need, or feel free to ask how/why it's better.

also, could you actually post a link to the PC you almost bought please?

edit: Also touching/holding any metal part of the case should sufficiently discharge any static that would typically damage a circuit.

edit: I'm still tying to fathom where their $1000 price tag is coming from with a fucking GTX 650 and FX 6300.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun May 19, 2013 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Yeiz

check this out, see if I missed anything that you would need, or feel free to ask how/why it's better.

also, could you actually post a link to the PC you almost bought please?

edit: Also touching/holding any metal part of the case should sufficiently discharge any static that would typically damage a circuit.

edit: I'm still tying to fathom where their $1000 price tag is coming from with a fucking GTX 650 and FX 6300.
Is there anyway you can configure this for a setup that is 1050 dollars in total with monitor, keyboard and mouse.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1F40U4 is the old build

And thank you.

EDIT: I really like this case. Anyway to incorperate it?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811108406
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YeT6

Had to remove the SSD and after-market cooler though.

edit: Uh, do you prefer wireless or wired mouse/keyboard?
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

soulharvester wrote:Had to remove the SSD and after-market cooler though.
Called it.
Last edited by Phantom on Sun May 19, 2013 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YeT6

Had to remove the SSD and after-market cooler though.

edit: Uh, do you prefer wireless or wired mouse/keyboard?
Wired Keyboard and Mouse.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Yf28

The Keyboard and Mouse should be sufficient for using, though I'd hardly call them gaming-quality. I'd upgrade the mouse when you get the chance later on. Or you can figure something else out for it, like using the one you have now as an option. Can't really be bothered to go do a bunch of research on ~25 Mouse/Keyboard combos.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun May 19, 2013 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Yf28

The Keyboard and Mouse should be sufficient for using, though I'd hardly call them gaming-quality. I'd upgrade the mouse when you get the chance later on. Or you can figure something else out for it, like using the one you have now as an option. Can't really be bothered to go do a bunch of research on ~25 Mouse/Keyboard combos.
Can't thank you enough soul. I will buy these parts tommorow then build when everything gets here.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Chill, usually when I build these the price will go up some odd $50-100 because all the deals that were detected have ended by then because they buy it a week-month later.

I have some notes to pass on just as general information that you might find useful later:

For Win8 (if you want to get it instead of win7, there's no reason not to get win8 though.) I'd recommend getting Start8 when you can because it helps maintain the original feel of windows user interface, if you still find metro annoying after using it for a while.

The 7850 isn't exactly one of the highest end graphics cards on the market, it'll handle most things, but don't expect it to give you the output of a $400 card or be upset that it doesn't run crysis 3 on ultra at 100 FPS.

I can't recall if PCpartpicker totals in taxes or not, I don't believe it does, but it'll most likely end up costing you in the $1200 or so if it doesn't up front, then you can get $70 back via mail in rebates.

Seriously though, when you get enough I'd look into getting a better mouse. Speaking of which, I asked you on your preference of wired/wireless because that's honestly the biggest difference in that price range. Most casual users opt for wireless because "lol convenience", though I personally can't stand having to deal with the batteries, a tiny little wireless USB dongle you'll lose somewhere, or it cutting out when the battery dies. Also the fact that wireless transmission is slightly slower, though you'd only really notice it in pretty competitive game-play.

If you absolutely HAVE to get the price down some, you could cut out the OS and install a trial of win7 for approximately a month if you still have the installation CD from your last PC laying around somewhere, or I guess you could DL an install disc from the internet as well if your current optical drive is capable of burning discs. (After the month ends you can still use it, but it'll be a bit annoying. you can then get whatever OS you need when you can afford it however, either that or deactivate one of your older machines that you don't use and use it's license on the new PC, if you happen to have any lying around.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun May 19, 2013 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:Chill, usually when I build these the price will go up some odd $50-100 because all the deals that were detected have ended by then because they buy it a week-month later.

I have some notes to pass on just as general information that you might find useful later:

For Win8 (if you want to get it instead of win7, there's no reason not to get win8 though.) I'd recommend getting Start8 when you can because it helps maintain the original feel of windows user interface, if you still find metro annoying after using it for a while.

The 7850 isn't exactly one of the highest end graphics cards on the market, it'll handle most things, but don't expect it to give you the output of a $400 card or be upset that it doesn't run crysis 3 on ultra at 100 FPS.

I can't recall if PCpartpicker totals in taxes or not, I don't believe it does, but it'll most likely end up costing you in the $1200 or so if it doesn't up front, then you can get $70 back via mail in rebates.

Seriously though, when you get enough I'd look into getting a better mouse. Speaking of which, I asked you on your preference of wired/wireless because that's honestly the biggest difference in that price range. Most casual users opt for wireless because "lol convenience", though I personally can't stand having to deal with the batteries, a tiny little wireless USB dongle you'll lose somewhere, or it cutting out when the battery dies. Also the fact that wireless transmission is slightly slower, though you'd only really notice it in pretty competitive game-play.

If you absolutely HAVE to get the price down some, you could cut out the OS and install a trial of win7 for approximately a month if you still have the installation CD from your last PC laying around somewhere, or I guess you could DL an install disc from the internet as well if your current optical drive is capable of burning discs. (After the month ends you can still use it, but it'll be a bit annoying. you can then get whatever OS you need when you can afford it however, either that or deactivate one of your older machines that you don't use and use it's license on the new PC, if you happen to have any lying around.
I'm gonna be playin CSS, TF2, CSGO, KF and L4D2 basically, so a graphics card that cant run crysis 3 ultimate wont affect me. I might need to, I will take the price down somehow, I will see what I can do but for the meantime, I will keep this handy.