My new setup: comments

Dick_McSlick

My new setup: comments

Post by Dick_McSlick »

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.50 GHz Six-Core AM3+ CPU 6MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)
SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE PCI Sound Card
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Any imput?
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

soulharvester
Veteran

Re: My new setup: comments

Post by soulharvester »

first of all, did you buy this, or are you planning on buying this?

If you're planning on buying it, could you please gives us a budget total?

Also no idea why you're going with AMD over Intel atm, though haswell's around the corner so it could be better to just wait a little bit.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun May 19, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:first of all, did you buy this, or are you planning on buying this?

If you're planning on buying it, could you please gives us a budget total?

Also no idea why you're going with AMD over Intel atm, though haswell's around the corner so it could be better to just wait a little bit.
I was going to buy it, the total is 1047 dollars and it was in my budget of 1050 and I need this computer soon, can't wait anylonger.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life

Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Are you buying this on Cyber Power?
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Hipster_Trip wrote:Are you buying this on Cyber Power?
Yeah, might just get it on newegg since the shipping is so expensive on CyberPowerPC
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Nigga, my comp was worth 500 in total. I run BF3 at 70-80 fps with no AA. If you save all the money on another power supply and a graphics card you can have a better system then the one you are thinking of buying for cheaper/equal cost.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sun May 19, 2013 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Hipster_Trip wrote:Nigga, my comp was worth 500 in total. I run BF3 at 70-80 fps with no AA. If you save all the money on another power supply and a graphics card you can have a better system then the one you are thinking of buying for cheaper/equal cost.
Is there anyway I can change the case?
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Dick_McSlick wrote:
Is there anyway I can change the case?
No, but you can just buy a nice Cool Master case for 60 dollars on newegg.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sun May 19, 2013 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Why are you spoilering links to newegg?

Also do you HAVE to get a prebuilt or are you willing to build one?
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun May 19, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:Why are you spoilering links to newegg?

Also do you HAVE to get a prebuilt or are you willing to build one?
I can build it.

EDIT: How do I ground myself so I don't short out the motherboard.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun May 19, 2013 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.