Hardware/Software > Solution?

Dubstab
Veteran

Hardware/Software > Solution?

Post by Dubstab »

Hey, guys!

I have 2 situations about a Hardware/Software problem. I am not sure about how to fix/avoid it. So I thought you guys could maybe help me. I tried to get a lot of information about it. I will put the steamprofile with the situation that you can talk to him straight away if you want to.

Situation #1. Kiddo ~ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061256374/
I met a guy on FF2 #2 and he said that he had problems with colors on his screen. He gets one or more colors on his screen if:
- A boss dies (so the round ends).
- Cuddly Heavy rages (you get effect: "drugged").
- Sponge Bob rages (you get "under water" in a short range and you drawn for 50 hp (which you get slowly back)).
- He rolls (with RollTheDice) "drugged".
He plays a lot in firstperson/thirdperson. (If it makes any difference.)

Suggested solution by me: Delete content files.

Situation #2. Mindacos (admin FF2) ~ http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mindacos/
He has a problem that he hasn't FF2 #2 in his favorite list or in his history. He has to join FF2 #1 (or another server) and say: !hop to change to FF2 #2. I have seen a picture of his settings and everything was normal (it could be filtered out with tags for example). Is that just reinstalling TF2?

Suggested solution by me: Delete content files.

They haven't done any staps yet, but I think that is just the solution for both of them. Maybe not, could you help them by telling me/them? :3

Thanks!
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TechieGee
Veteran

Re: Hardware/Software > Solution?

Post by TechieGee »

Dunno about the 2nd guy, but if the first guy has problems on all games/programs he might have a monitor or GPU issue. Tell him to update his graphics drivers. If he doesn't know what type of GPU chipset he has, he can check by searching for "dxdiag" in the Start Menu and running it.
Last edited by TechieGee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need any help, just shoot me an email!
techie.gee@gmail.com
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

1. I agree, probably gpu. Return it to stock clock levels and update drivers.

2. Try verifying cached tf2 files. Add the FF2 #2 to your favorites, then quit the game properly. I think this is how i fixed my problem with losing favorites.
Last edited by goinundercover on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

TechieGee wrote:Dunno about the 2nd guy, but if the first guy has problems on all games/programs he might have a monitor or GPU issue. Tell him to update his graphics drivers. If he doesn't know what type of GPU chipset he has, he can check by searching for "dxdiag" in the Start Menu and running it.
goinundercover wrote:1. I agree, probably gpu. Return it to stock clock levels and update drivers.
He has updated his drives, which he told me. Anyways, I will tell him about the GPU! :) Thx! :)
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

Heard some stuff about the colours before and what I have heard is a bottle of piss in the face fixes it (Jarate)
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

That's odd that it only seems to be doing it when it applies visual overlays.

Have him reinstall the game or verify steam cache or w/e. (it only happens on TF2 right?)
Last edited by soulharvester on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Sankoose120 wrote:Heard some stuff about the colours before and what I have heard is a bottle of piss in the face fixes it (Jarate)
In fact, he told me that burn also works. So I guess that any effect gets it away, maybe even ubercharge. x_x