White Screen Virus

FriedBanana

White Screen Virus

Post by FriedBanana »

Alright, so today, after waking up, I go to my computer and turn the screen on to find that there's a random ass message about my computer being locked by the government. For some damn reason, it's asking for me to pay a fine, so naturally, I'm like, fuck that shit. I did some research and found out it was a virus scam that made people pay a fake fine.

I restart my computer and log into my user to find that there's nothing on my screen. It's just plain white, so I flip the fuck out and go ninja on my computer by trying to cut it in half with my fist. That doesn't work.

So now, I go find out what this white screen shit is, and find out that it's connected to the fake fine computer locking virus crap. In my research I found a way to fix the white screen virus, with a cost, so fuck that.

I restart my computer again and spam F8. I start my computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt. I type in rstrui.exe and get to the system restore program. I do a system restore to the point before this ever happened. I was given the option to restore it to 2 days ago, so I did.

Now, my computer is fully functional because it's reset to 2 days before all this ever happened, but how do i make sure that it will be?

I don't really know how this actually got on my computer, I'm almost sure that I haven't visited a web page with viruses and shit. I always go on the same web pages everyday.

I just wanted to post this just in case anyone EVER runs into this shit, the solution is mainly in the underlined section of this thread.

I'm looking for some suggestions on good virus protection programs and keeping my computer safe. Wondering if anyone(Soul) knows where this virus actually came from too. Also looking for some input on people who research this and know who the fuck is behind this shit, so I can find these people and beat their asses.

Also, thank god I fixed this shit before anyone actually got up to check on what I was doing. :----|

Update #1: Alright, as I was working in this thread, I found a solution to removing the infected programs in my computer. I have to restart my computer to remove all of it, so BRB. Next update coming soon.

Update #2: As mentioned in the update above, I found a program to remove some malicious programs and stuff. Link here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/.

Simply used a quick scan, and deleted all the programs it found to be infected. As I was looking at the results, I found a directory of a couple files to be HKCU/. This shit is weird. While I was researching, I'm pretty sure that I saw this. So yea. I'm gunna use a different program to double-check if all of the infected shit is gone. Link here: http://surfright.nl/en/downloads.

Update #3: Right now I just finished double-checking my work and I'm using programs from Piriform to clean up.

In conclusion, to fix this ugly ass problem:
Step 1: Restart computer and spam F8, till you see the different start up options.
Step 2: Run in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Step 3: Log into user.
Step 4: Type rstrui.exe in Command Prompt.
Step 5: Use system restore to any point before the computer got infected.
Step 6: Clean up PC using virus protection programs. (Links: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ , http://www.surfright.nl/en/downloads)
Step 7: Restart computer and double-check.
Step 8: Run smoothly.
Step 9: Find the people who are behind this, and kill them. :-----)
Last edited by FriedBanana on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Re: White Screen Virus

Post by Dubstab »

I have had a friend that came to me and said that the police saw him downloading illegal and that he had to pay 50 euro's. When I heared that story he brought the computer. After (like you did) a research I found that it was (like you said) scam. After all, I checked his downloads he did and I saw there a .zip.exe file, which I found very weird. I did research to this file and internet said that it was the scam file. I deleted it and did a virusscan myself + a virusscan. The problem was: Google Chrome (without activated Extensions) holded the .exe part, so my friend thought it was good enough to open it, because it was a ".zip file". He opened his mail, when I said him to, and I went to look for the mail with this file. When founded and after activating the Extensions in Google Chrome it said: ".zip.exe". So you might want to look into your mail to find out if you receive a weir e-mail with a ".zip file".
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

I use Norton Anti-Virus. The full system-scan option scans every single file on your pc. Depending on how many files you have it can take up to 5 hours (i have 3 million+ files) but yeah I paid for this AV and it works great.
Last edited by DutchKitty on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

I use AVG. Never had a virus problem on any machine I use with this programme no matter what I download 10/10 would bang.
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

Antivirus is for chumps. I've been rolling smoothly without for years because I am aware of what I am downloading.
Last edited by IAmJim on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Eh, antivirus helps. Just be wary of what you download as Jim said. I use AdvancedSystemCare6. If you need a safe download, go to download.com and just type in those words. Fairly decent. Isn't the best, but it's served me well
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPhone 6

Post by iPhone 6 »

Get a Mac they dont get viruses!!!!!!!!
Last edited by iPhone 6 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

You know how windows 7 and onward now defaults to not show what the fuck file type you're actually clicking on is, because it hides the file extension?

Yeah, turn that faggot shit off so you can see what kind of files you're actually opening.

Also I'm impressed by your ability to handle this fried, nice job. I'm assuming you're running windows 7, a decent active-antivirus would be Microsoft Security Essentials, and then as you found, malwarebytes is good for scanning on a weekly basis (if you're paranoid) or whenever you get an itch that something's not right.
Last edited by soulharvester on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

I personally use AVAST Free Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes. Great programs and should do you good. Microsoft Security Essentials comes after AVAST for me. Good job Googlin', its amazing how much shit you can fix with the Search Engine.
iPhone 5 wrote:Get a Mac they dont get viruses!!!!!!!!
Totally false. They run x86 for the most part and although may be a bit better than windows, I wouldn't be stretching your Apple Fanboy-ness too far.
Recent Article I saw today:
http://www.redmondpie.com/os-x-vulnerab ... intruders/
Retired.