Help please

asdfasdf

Help please

Post by asdfasdf »

I just recently built a pc, and everything runs fine and i don't have any issues. But i installed CS:GO and at first it keeps minimizing its self and then eventually crashes my whole pc. I don't think i am getting a BSOD but it just restarts with no warning. I'm not sure if it does it with other games or not since i have not had time to install anything else and try it out. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Last edited by asdfasdf on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Re: Help please

Post by soulharvester »

A couple possibilities off the top of my head (Though I can't say if any are accurate nor if any are the problem, I'd need more details, try running more games).

Might be that you're running off the integrated processor and causing it to overheat the CPU and restart, though I'm doubting it quite a bit. Which video-out port are you using? Is it connected to the motherboard, or the graphics card (lower on the case in the expansion slots).

If it was dodgy RAM it SHOULD BSOD, but it might not always, I doubt it's the RAM though.

It might be a software issue, try running it in windowed mode.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

soulharvester wrote: It might be a software issue, try running it in windowed mode.
why dont people already do this?
Last edited by IAmJim on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

I'll change it to windowed (borderless) when noborder is available, but otherwise I'll usually play it in fullscreen just because I prefer to use all of the screen-space on the monitor I'm gaming on.

If I need to view or access other things while playing, I have an additional 2 monitors I can plug in and have running when I'm at my desk.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

soulharvester wrote:A couple possibilities off the top of my head (Though I can't say if any are accurate nor if any are the problem, I'd need more details, try running more games).

Might be that you're running off the integrated processor and causing it to overheat the CPU and restart, though I'm doubting it quite a bit. Which video-out port are you using? Is it connected to the motherboard, or the graphics card (lower on the case in the expansion slots).

If it was dodgy RAM it SHOULD BSOD, but it might not always, I doubt it's the RAM though.

It might be a software issue, try running it in windowed mode.
I'm using a GTX 660 super clocked graphics card and the i5 4670k processor. I know it's not over heating. I did a memory test and it came up with no issues. I'm going to try windowed mode and also install minecraft and see what happens since it's a quick download
Last edited by asdfasdf on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Run Memtest86 and go through 5 passes or an overnight run. If there are any errors, it's your ram.
You can also try running a prim95 stress test and monitor your temps through RealTemp (anything under 70c is good).
Another possibility could be an insufficient psu. Full build specs would be nice.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

goinundercover wrote:Run Memtest86 and go through 5 passes or an overnight run. If there are any errors, it's your ram.
You can also try running a prim95 stress test and monitor your temps through RealTemp (anything under 70c is good).
Another possibility could be an insufficient psu. Full build specs would be nice.
I've already have done the memtest and it didn'nt come back with any errors. I know it's not over heating because it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to crash. And my temp doesn't go past 35c
Last edited by asdfasdf on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

What power supply are you using?
Last edited by soulharvester on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

soulharvester wrote:What power supply are you using?

It's a Thermaltake 600w power supply
Last edited by asdfasdf on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Try updating your video card drivers?
Last edited by goinundercover on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.