Resell And Rebuild?

goinundercover
Veteran

Re: Resell And Rebuild?

Post by goinundercover »

Dick_McSlick wrote:I'd up the power supply up to a 600, maybe a 650. I was sort of confused with psu's, so I got a 700 just to be safe and if I wanted to do any overclocking, I have the ability to do so. Just my 2 cents, but hey, that's a solid build :3
I used asus' little psu calculator on their site and got 438w with a i5, itx, hd 7950 and 2x4gb ram. That and my old computer are my only experience in choosing the correct W for a psu. I think you went a little bit overkill on yours xD. I heard that PSUs are most efficient at ~75% load, and will be less efficient at max/low loads.
Last edited by goinundercover on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Typically people go an additional 100-200 watts over what they need when they buy, with the assurance that the PSU can support most upgrades you're likely to do (an extra GPU, overclocking, additional RAM, HDDs, or USB peripherals and such), or a more powerful build if they decide to do a new build at some point.

But with the build you're doing, It doesn't seem like you're that interested in upgrading it in the future, so you should be fine.
Last edited by soulharvester on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Parts should be here Wednesday. Super excited, first official custom pc build for me :3.
Last edited by goinundercover on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Make sure to use the motherboard standoffs correctly please.
Last edited by soulharvester on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:Make sure to use the motherboard standoffs correctly please.
Also, don't drop a screwdriver on the mobo or use the wrong screw on the mobo. Both happened to me.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Dick_McSlick wrote:
soulharvester wrote:Make sure to use the motherboard standoffs correctly please.
Also, don't drop a screwdriver on the mobo or use the wrong screw on the mobo. Both happened to me.
Very slick.
...no pun intended :3.

Stuff arrived today (shipped out yesterday, <3 newegg). Gonna try and build it all today. Not much hw, anyways :grin:
Last edited by goinundercover on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

goinundercover wrote:
Very slick.
...no pun intended :3.
More like Dick McStupid, but slick could work.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.