Mini ITX Build!

FriedBanana

Re: Mini ITX Build!

Post by FriedBanana »

I like your carpet :----)
and cool boxes with magic stuff in it
Last edited by FriedBanana on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Dick_McSlick wrote:
Phantom wrote:Well there's no point in that if it hasn't failed yet.
He just doesn't want it to fail in the future, better to be precautionary and just get a new one with not as a high fail rate.
Basically, yeah.

Old PSU (STAY AWAY, basically):
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus 550w
Spoiler
Some Examples:
"Quality - completely dead after light use in under six months. RMA will cost about half the price of the unit."
"my motherboard was fried from average use in a closed case then after getting that replaced and up and running again my ssd is fried also only a few months later"
"How can I give any pros to a product that only lasted for 12 DAYS "
" I ordered this power supply, plugged it in, started up the computer and immediately it started my motherboard on fire."
New PSU Selection, suggested by one of the mods on TomsHardware. Supposedly made by Seasonic, so why not? It's also 80+Bronze, so it should be cooler thumb.gif
XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W
Spoiler
Yes , send it back and get this one.

Made by the best SEASONIC

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($48.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $48.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-12 23:56 EDT-0400)
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

FriedBanana wrote:I like your carpet :----)
and cool boxes with magic stuff in it
Best carpet in the country :thumbup:
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

goinundercover wrote: New PSU Selection, suggested by one of the mods on TomsHardware. Supposedly made by Seasonic, so why not? It's also 80+Bronze, so it should be cooler thumb.gif

I got a sparkle and it is pretty damn good, gay name, but that shit can power.

I got a 700w
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817103056

But for your build this could be a suggestion.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817103038

Good luck, friend :3
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

I've already ordered the XFX Core Edition PRO550W. It was like 68 bucks in total.
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

goinundercover wrote:I've already ordered the XFX Core Edition PRO550W. It was like 68 bucks in total.
Welp, back to the shitty laptop until further notice?
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

I think he can still use the first one until this one arrives, and then ship it back.
Last edited by soulharvester on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

soulharvester wrote:I think he can still use the first one until this one arrives, and then ship it back.
Nope, back to a shit laptop xD. I didn't want to risk any of my other components with such a low quality psu.
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

goinundercover wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't do enough research about the PSU. The series PSU I purchased has a high failure rate and I am going to return and replace it with another psu :/.
You could have just used the first one until it failed, if it ever was going to.
Last edited by Breezier on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Breezier wrote:
goinundercover wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't do enough research about the PSU. The series PSU I purchased has a high failure rate and I am going to return and replace it with another psu :/.
You could have just used the first one until it failed, if it ever was going to.
I could've but I didn't want to risk it as there have been reports of the PSU frying the motherboard, frying SSDs, and catching on fire :thumbdown: . Anyway, new psu should be here tuesday. I can hold out.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.