Advice/Suggestions for managing ping

SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Advice/Suggestions for managing ping

Post by SpicyCandy »

For around a year, I've been gaming on a Lenovo Laptop. Specs aren't good, it's not custom built, but it's served me pretty well. My computer is on the one corner of the house and our router is on the other corner. Usually I get rare ping spikes during the nighttime, but recently, it's gotten much worse and whenever I enter a CPU-intensive server, such as a competitive server where nearly all players are performing an action, my pike rangers from 100-200, and I have ping spikes every 2 seconds. I've tried everything from typing rate 60000 and cl_updatetate 100 into the console to closing all my other running programs. Moving the computer is out of the question, as there really is no other place to move it. I might be getting a better build soon, but before that, is there any way to reduce the ping or get rid of the spikes?
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Re: Advice/Suggestions for managing ping

Post by goinundercover »

Update WiFi drivers. Otherwise, I don't know anything else atm.
Last edited by goinundercover on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Dick_McSlick

Re: Advice/Suggestions for managing ping

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Try resetting your router, it helps me when I get spikes.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.