Audio Problem

Vessy

Audio Problem

Post by Vessy »

Over the past week or so, I've been having a problem with my audio:
All audio is way higher pitched than it used to be. I ran scans and diagnostics with no problems, re-installed my audio driver, made sure everything was up to date (had a firmware update for my headset that I think just made it worse), and looked up solutions on the interwebs. This happens when using my headset with the external sound card, without it, and when playing through my speakers. Those are the only 3 audio things I can use to test so I'm assuming it would happen with anything else as well. It's not just in-game, it's all sounds, and it's not sped up or anything, just higher pitched. Nothing installed recently would've caused it, because the only thing I've recently installed was Photoshop and this was happening before then.

Audio device info:
Headset- Steelseries Siberia Elite (16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) )
Speakers- Creative Lab Inspire T10 (24 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) )

Fixes already tried:
Diagnostics run
Virus scan
Update drivers
Re-install drivers
Use different devices
Change headset to 24 bit Studio Quality <---- Can't do

Fixes not yet tried:
Doing a pretty big system restore <---- Would rather not have to go this direction, but willing to try as a last resort.
Last edited by Vessy on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Re: Audio Problem

Post by goinundercover »

Try uninstalling all audio drivers through the control panel or device manager. Anything dolby, surround sound, or whatever. Also try going into the device manager and uninstalling drivers through there. Test and see if the stock Windows audio drivers still have this high pitched problem.
Retired.