Me (Failing at?) making my own FF2 boss!

Proaxel

Me (Failing at?) making my own FF2 boss!

Post by Proaxel »

So, I've got a little story to tell you... and uhhhhhhhhhh, I kind of want to see some thoughts.

So I've had quite a few boss suggestions....
And, let's see, Once upon a time I was just relaxing over the weekend and suddenly, out of nowhere, I thought:
"Why don't you just make the bloody boss yourself???"
I decided to start with something simple. The first thing that kinda came to mind was my Youmu suggestion....
Spoiler
Proaxel wrote:The roster still has yet to see a Touhou boss... if I had to choose a Touhou boss it would be Youmu Konpaku.
And yes some servers have her already... this is my version.

General Stats:

Health: Medium
Base: Sniper
Weapon: Persian Persuader, with the world model reskinned to look like her sword, Roukanken
Rage: Summons a phantom clone of herself + Uber + Double attack rate
Speed: 125% (A bit less than a Scout)
Mobility: Superjump, Weighdown

-Role- A straight up melee boss, but her rage allows to get the closest one can get to a duo boss without it being one.

Weapon:

-Roukanken- If it can kill many phantoms in one slice, there is no doubt it'll have trouble killing a mercenary, right?

Abilities:

-Rage- "Spellcard: Double Wheel of Pain" Summons a random player to become Myon, which is basically a clone of herself. Both Youmou and Myon are given Uber for 15 seconds and double attack rate.

Minion:

-Myon- Youmu's ghostly half. She has very low HP, but she is Ubered for 15 seconds on summon. All of her human counterpart's stats (Damage, Speed, Jump, etc) are the exact same as her other human half.

Theme:

Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When? (Remix by DJtheS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r42KHx5ReYI

(More thought food for you! I'm sorry if this is considered spamming at this point, I just tend to have a lot of ideas, especially when you are waiting for the next round to start)
...and after a some researching on the FF2 Github.. [This is where I started at]
https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Official/w ... figuration

...and a bunch of typing (duh), a CFG file for my very own boss was born, carefully constructed from my humble forge known as notepad.

Code: Select all

"character"
{

"name"	"Youmu Konpaku"
	"class"	"2"						//Sniper Class.
	"model"	"models\player\youmu.mdl" 			//THIS IS JUST A PLACEHOLDER, I don't really have a model. 
	"health_formula"	"(((760+n)*n)^1.04)"		//I'm assuming this is the formula for medium? =P
	"sound_block_vo" "1"					//Blocks the Sniper voice lines
	"ragedamage"	"1900"					//1900 Damage to charge rage

//Boss Description(s)
	"description_en"	"Youmu Konpaku \n''The things that cannot be cut by my Roukan-Blade, forged by youkai... are next to none!''  " //Will expand the description to include hint messages later....

"weapon1"
	{
	"name"	"tf_weapon_sword //Weapon Class.
	"index"	"404"		//Weapon Index, 404 is Persian Persuader.
	"attributes"	"2"	//I don't get this part. I'm guessing it's the part where you give the wep a ton of damage,a X3 Cap Rate, ETC? 
				//But I don't get what you type here to give them. Someone help me on this one?
	}

//Boss Ability(s)
	"ability1"
	{
		"name"	"rage_uber" 			//The thing that gives her Ubercharge.
		"arg0"	"0"
		"arg1"	"10"	    			//How long she is Uber'd, 10 seconds.
		"plugin_name"	"default_abilities"
	}
	"ability2"
	{
		"name"	"rage_preventtaunt"		//The thing that immediately cancels her taunt on rage
	}
	"ability3"
	{
		"name"	"charge_bravejump" //The superjump thingy.
		"arg0"	"1"
		"arg1"	"1.5"
		"arg2"	"3.0"
		"arg3"	"1.1"
	}
	"ability4"
	{
		"name"	"rage_cloneattack" 		//The thing that spawns her ghostly clone on rage.
		"arg1"	"1"
		"arg2"	"1"
		"arg3"	"models\player\youmughost.mdl" //PLACE HOLDER
		"arg4"	"2"
		"arg5"	"0.001"				//I want it so that it only spawns 1 clone no matter how many enemies are left. The formula is p*0.001. p=how many enemies alive.
							//If you do the math it gives a number less than 1, but I assume it rounds up to 1 every time?
		"arg6"	"tf_weapon_sword"
		"arg7"	"404"
		"arg8"  "2" 				//Weapon attributes. For the clone, it's supposted to be the exact same as her orignal but capping disabled. Again, if anyone knows how to handle this, please tell me.
		"arg11"	"1000"				//I can't seem to find how to give the clone a ten second Uber just like her original, so I just gave her a ton of HP instead. 
		"plugin_name"	"ff2_1st_set_abilities"

//Sound(s)
	"sound_bgm" //Theme Only
	{
		"path1"	"freak_fortress_2\youmu\youmutheme.mp3" //Theme Song!
		"time1"	"244"					//The theme is 248 seconds long, but it should loop again at 244 seconds right?
	}	
//EVERYTHING BELOW THIS IS JUST PLACEHOLDER. I need a model, vtf, ETC, before I even think about doing stuff here

"sound_precache"
	{
		"1"	"freak_fortress_2\youmu\youmutheme.mp3"
	}

"mod_download"
	{
		"1"	"models\player\youmu"		
	}

"download"
	{
		"1"	"sound\freak_fortress_2\youmu\Confusion-cutting Edge - Youmu.mp3"
	}
}
If anyone else out there that knows how to read it you can see that it's not 100% like the suggestion (I left out the fire rate for example), yet... or heck, there might be some stupid thing I mistyped or left out that makes me look super stupid.... But i'm pretty sure it'll all sort out in the end.

However... after typing all this I realize a ton of problems that must be faced before I can even do anything farther...

-First. I don't understand what you type to give weapon attributes (Increased damage, 4x Capture Rate, etc.)
I am guessing, according to this...
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_ ... attributes
I must put in (2,100) for a +100% damage bonus, and (68,4) for a 4x Cap rate....? Wat? :?

-Second. I still need a model, a VTF, and all that...
*Cue sarcastic good luck to myself reply for making/finding that* :crazy:

-Third. I must make a dedicated server for myself with all the plugins and everything to test it...
I'll find the time later, but fingers crossed that my computer is up to the task... :|

-Forth. I don't know what other potentially dangerous crap I am getting into..... :crazy:

-Fifth. Inb4 the "WTF ARE YOU DOING/THINKING!?!??!?" replies. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I've got such a loooong way to go to this becoming reality... :eh:

What will become of this me and this... incident?
TO BE CONTINUED
Last edited by Proaxel on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scouts in a Nutshell?
West

Re: Me (Failing at?) making my own FF2 boss!

Post by West »

Interesting. I'm in a introductory programming class at my school, so it's pretty cool to see some code outside of there that I can kinda understand as well. Mind you I'm quite a ways off understanding how it all interacts with the game itself, so I'm afraid I can't really help you with this. In any case, it's pretty cool that you went out of your way to do all of this.
Last edited by West on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Well shit this aint no c++ or java so i have no idea what i'm looking at.
Last edited by goinundercover on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Proaxel

Post by Proaxel »

goinundercover wrote:Well shit this aint no c++ or java so i have no idea what i'm looking at.
To be honest, I found it much easier than I thought.
I am just starting out in Java, and I kind of got it.
If you read around a bit on the FF2 Github I linked above like I did, you can easily just make a boss yourself with some existing plugins...
On the other hand, WRITING a new plugin, that's the hard part.
Last edited by Proaxel on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scouts in a Nutshell?
Proaxel

Post by Proaxel »

Part 2...

I (kinda) got item attribute thing all figured out.
I'm taking my advice request to the AlliedModders forums, since there is a more "proper" audience there.
Until then....
Last edited by Proaxel on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scouts in a Nutshell?
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Attributes work like this:

"attributes" "1 ; 0.5"

In the above example I'm lowering the weapons damage output by 50%. For each attribute you need to first need to put the attribute number, then a space then a ; then another space then the %.

"attributes" "1 ; 0.5 ; 6 ; 0.5"

The above example I have decreased the weapon damge by 50% and also increased the fire rate by 50%.
ImageImage