New build!

Skibur

New build!

Post by Skibur »

Hey guys,
I am slowly building a new computer. Last week, I ordered three parts from amazon, and they came today, pics below
Yesterday, I ordered three more parts and they will be coming soon! Will post pics and vid!
Spoiler

Progress 2:

Please ignore the Power management. I had to reuse my PSU for the time being until I get the remaining parts.
Reused my graphic card fro the moment because apparently the motherboard does NOT have a video output (No integrated graphic solution)

AND IT'S ALIIIIVVVEEEEE!!!

Specs below
Spoiler
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K - Delivered
GPU: Pny XLR8 GeForce GTX 970 4 GB - Not yet ordered
Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2666 Mhz - Delivered
Mobo: EVGA X99 Intel Socket LGA 2011-3 Miro ATX - Delivered
primary drive : Samsung EVO 850 512 GB SSD - Not yet ordered
Secondary drive : WD blue 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD - Delivered
PSU : EVGA SuperNOVA 750W - Not yet ordered
case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 MicroATX black - Delivered
Purpose of this case,
achieve maximum performance for both rendering and procedural generation mapping ( 3ds max/Photoshop/Plugins ) + Remote Desktop Connection and not having to worry about bottomnecked memory performance ( This is the sole reason why I got windows 7 pro )
Also something portable and play games on it too!
Also possible of running multiple of virtual machines for debugging and testing several applications.

Feedbacks :D

Similar Computer specs, but 1000 bucks cheaper - http://www.cpusolutions.com/store/pc/CP ... 3p4042.htm

Edit: Add current status in the specs

Edit2: Update the images! Have fun!
Last edited by Skibur on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Drewski
Veteran

Re: New build!

Post by Drewski »

Nice!

I'm looking forward to seeing it complete. Also if you don't mind listing the final cost when it's dome because I'm wanting to do a build just like this and I need to know what price I'm dealing with.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

As I said: Showoff. =p
Skibur

Post by Skibur »

Drewski wrote:Nice!

I'm looking forward to seeing it complete. Also if you don't mind listing the final cost when it's dome because I'm wanting to do a build just like this and I need to know what price I'm dealing with.
So far, the three parts cost me about 506 bucks.
The second three parts is about 637 bucks.

What I'm missing is about another 874 bucks, unless I find something else to replace it that seems cheaper and beneficial.
Last edited by Skibur on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nallout

Post by Nallout »

Very nice! You beat me in the processor I'm still running an i5-3570k but I have a gigabyte 980 slapped in my machine and it is one of the best things ever.
Danksta wrote:Rude ass mother fucker fuck you
EngiDesu wrote:She doesn't care about that. As long she's sucking Phantom and Spicy's dick, she can make threads mocking jews and autism.
Skibur

Post by Skibur »

Nallout wrote:Very nice! You beat me in the processor I'm still running an i5-3570k but I have a gigabyte 980 slapped in my machine and it is one of the best things ever.
It's not about being competitive for power, it's about how you utilize them :)
Depends on how you use your CPU, then that's what really matters.

Although I would go an little extra bucks for the Graphic card, but 970 seems to do the job done right for GPU Accelerate applications, such as PhyX or Photoshop's GPU rendering.

Edit:
Almost forgot, the price did not include heatsinks. I need to order them separately! Any suggestion? I've been using Corsair H80 on this current machine and it seems like it did the job quite done. Keeping it silence and somewhat cool. (Except during summer, it tends to get a little hot)

Edit 2 : Martijn recommended me using Noctua NH-U9DX i4 cpu heatsink. Willing to give it a try.
Last edited by Skibur on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Slapped together a PcPartPicker for easier viewing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NRVbrH

Looks good overall, but a couple things to ask.

What model power supply? Is this the EVGA SuperNova NEX or G2? I would stay away from the NEX 750, but the G2 750 is amazing.
Spoiler
EVGA's SuperNova NEX line uses 4 +12V rails, each only having around 20A. 20A is relatively low for a single +12V rail, and therefore it's difficult to get full wattage use without tripping a rail and causing the computer to turn off under load. It's also not that great, having a decent amount of voltage droop as load is applied, as well as mediocre levels of ripple
Blower style GTX 970? Ehh, alright.

Case CPU clearance for aircoolers is only 120mm, making air cooler compatibility pretty hard. The NH-U9DX is 122mm, according to Noctua's website. In this case, I'd probably go with an all-in-one watercooler. I'm not too sure how much you want to spend on a CPU cooler, but I'd recommend Cooler Master's Nepton 240M, especially if you want to do any overclocking.
Last edited by goinundercover on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Retired.
Skibur

Post by Skibur »

Hey Goinundercover. It doesn't say on the amazon website, but it does appear to say NEX on the box. Better swap that out just to be safe.
Tomorrow, I'm going to get three more items on the way. With those three items, I could potentially use the computer, but it still missing the heatsink.
Will post pics.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Skibur wrote:Hey Goinundercover. It doesn't say on the amazon website, but it does appear to say NEX on the box. Better swap that out just to be safe.
Tomorrow, I'm going to get three more items on the way. With those three items, I could potentially use the computer, but it still missing the heatsink.
Will post pics.
If you click the "750 Watt G2", that's the good one I'm talking about. This one is good.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-80 ... B00IKDETOW

This one's also good.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-mas ... 50amaag1s1
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Retired.
Skibur

Post by Skibur »

AND IT'S ALIVEEEE!!

Check out the images at the top.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So I got impatient and got a Corsair H100i cooler because I wanted to run this bad boy.
I reused my Corsair TX750W PSU and Pny XLR8 Geforce GTX 760 graphic card from my old computer.

I had several failed attempt launching it, but after several fixes and tweak, I managed to get it up running.
So it's currently running a few parts I had to borrow, until I get the last few remaining parts.
Last edited by Skibur on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.