Buying a laptop, I only have $400. Need Advice!

TechieGee
Veteran

Re: Buying a laptop, I only have $400. Need Advice!

Post by TechieGee »

The guys saying Windows 8 is bad are morons. You can't even find Win7 PCs in stores anymore. Win8 and 8.1 are much faster and better beneath-the-hood than Win7. Also, if you can't figure out the layout you have to be retarded. It's barely any different than previous iterations of Windows, and if you're really that put off by it there's a gazillion programs that give Win8 the old start menu, completely eliminating the need to interact with the new interface. Plus, Win10 is coming out in a month or two.
If you need any help, just shoot me an email!
techie.gee@gmail.com
MartijnV
Veteran

Re: Buying a laptop, I only have $400. Need Advice!

Post by MartijnV »

TechieGee wrote:The guys saying Windows 8 is bad are morons. You can't even find Win7 PCs in stores anymore. Win8 and 8.1 are much faster and better beneath-the-hood than Win7. Also, if you can't figure out the layout you have to be retarded. It's barely any different than previous iterations of Windows, and if you're really that put off by it there's a gazillion programs that give Win8 the old start menu, completely eliminating the need to interact with the new interface. Plus, Win10 is coming out in a month or two.
Windows 8(.1) lover detected ;)

Nah, just trolling arround. (but still a bit true)
But eeerm, i've tried using W8 or 8.1 permanently quite some time a few times, but without result, i keep falling back and re-install everything from my W7 installation disc, I got used to the layout and panels and such, got ''some skills'' by using it, sometimes you even have advantages above W7 in some situations. But the nice fancy shit they trow at you EATS specs for life... Microsoft made usefull OS's till W7, above that shit becomes more fancy as fuck and kills specs, OS's noweday's arn't made so you can get the most out of it, th're now made for style and ''look-how-nice-this-is-OMFGWTFBBQ''
Above 8(.1) you can't get into the ''deep'' settings like W7 or less, more and more settings are keeped away from you, like internet settings in W8 or above is garbage, try to setup/cofig a network in W8.... blegh, everything is made too basic, almost aiming to iOS, everything ''advanced'' is like hidden from you noweday's.
I can type 8000 lines more why i don't want to use W8 or above but meh...

I can point you a shitload is sites where you still can get W7 laptops/pc's or at least instal discs, don't look only at your local money-hungry shops wich only sell you the newest stuff and don't know anything about computers, because you won't find it there.

This all above is from the perspective of my gaming rig, i got a notebook with garbage specs for daily use for browsing; and i love to have W8.1 on it. soon upgrading to W10 on it.
Salute !

===========================================================

i am a former Admin on our former DeathRun server.

My Steam Community profile, click the picture to go to it:

Also i have terms:
+Festive/-Festive means Referral confirmed/declined