Anyone know anything about Guitars?

Ibuix

Anyone know anything about Guitars?

Post by Ibuix »

So I'm thinking about buying myself a new guitar, mine's a piece of garage sale garbage, and I really don't know much about guitars themselves as much as I know how to play them.

So, that being said, I'm in the market for a new one. If anyone has some advice or wants to fill me in on some common-knowledge guitar information, I would be very grateful.

My price range is anywhere from $500 to $1500, cause I know someone is going to feel awkward asking about that.

So for starters, I've been thinking about this one: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric ... tudio.aspx for a few weeks. Does anyone know if this is even a good guitar? Is it for certain play styles? I just don't even know.
Last edited by Ibuix on Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Screw the rules, I have money.
Dubstab
Veteran

Re: Anyone know anything about Guitars?

Post by Dubstab »

(Title edit?) Acoustic, Electric or doesn't matter? From my understanding, seeing the link, you're aiming for a electric one.

At what level of skill would you rate yourself, is a question you should ask yourself. The more skill, I would say the more you probably want, and so a higher price. If you're just new, just give a shot on a decently low-priced guitar.

Also.. I would personally advise to buy guitars in the store, where you can have a quick try (personally I would like to advise to give it a try yourself, instead of a shop member, as they usually influence their play, to let you buy a more expensive guitar). By giving it a try, you can listen to what you personally like to hear from a guitar. Though of course a shop employee can explain how a guitar works if it is electric.

Anyways. If you have any questions.. Just drop them! I might be able to help, as I play acoustic myself and work quite a bit with people with electric guitars (as DJ).
Last edited by Dubstab on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibuix

Post by Ibuix »

Dubstab wrote:(Title edit?) Acoustic, Electric or doesn't matter? From my understanding, seeing the link, you're aiming for a electric one.

At what level of skill would you rate yourself, is a question you should ask yourself. The more skill, I would say the more you probably want, and so a higher price. If you're just new, just give a shot on a decently low-priced guitar.

Also.. I would personally advise to buy guitars in the store, where you can have a quick try (personally I would like to advise to give it a try yourself, instead of a shop member, as they usually influence their play, to let you buy a more expensive guitar). By giving it a try, you can listen to what you personally like to hear from a guitar. Though of course a shop employee can explain how a guitar works if it is electric.

Anyways. If you have any questions.. Just drop them! I might be able to help, as I play acoustic myself and work quite a bit with people with electric guitars (as DJ).
Funny you point some of that out actually. I'm actually aiming for an electric acoustic. I visited my local guitar center and fell in love with the Ibanez V70CE. It felt really comfortable. Link here: Image

I personally consider myself at an intermediate level, and I'm looking right now for a guitar to suite my taste in acoustic music. My electric I have now can serve for anything heavier I might need to play, but I just love the way acoustic is feeling. I'm going to give it a few days to decide, but yeah, I'll hit you up on steam with some questions if that's okay.
Last edited by Ibuix on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibuix

Post by Ibuix »

Ended up buying the ibanez. It's just fucking incredible.

Thanks Dub.
Last edited by Ibuix on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Ibuix wrote:Ended up buying the ibanez. It's just fucking incredible.

Thanks Dub.
Looks wicked! Indeed a AEL electric acoustic?

Kinda jelly now... QQ
Last edited by Dubstab on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

If I'd seen this earlier, I'd have told you to get an Ibanez. I recently got an RG8. love it. I have also, a Vintage 1967 Gibson Les Paul, and a Squier Telecaster for my electrics.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Ibuix

Post by Ibuix »

sambawarkiddo wrote:If I'd seen this earlier, I'd have told you to get an Ibanez. I recently got an RG8. love it. I have also, a Vintage 1967 Gibson Les Paul, and a Squier Telecaster for my electrics.
Oh god, guitargasm
Last edited by Ibuix on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Ibuix wrote:
sambawarkiddo wrote:If I'd seen this earlier, I'd have told you to get an Ibanez. I recently got an RG8. love it. I have also, a Vintage 1967 Gibson Les Paul, and a Squier Telecaster for my electrics.
Oh god, guitargasm
:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
pics to prove it later
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?