Constant crashing on Slender Fortress

Chikiro
Veteran

Constant crashing on Slender Fortress

Post by Chikiro »

So, starting at about the beginning of this month, I've started having some difficulties with the slender server. I keep crashing on the server, and I cant figure out how to fix it. :< If it's the first time Ive connected since starting my computer, I can get about MAYBE 30 minutes in before my tf2 crashes. Afterwords, it's about every 5 minutes. I've tried many things, but I cant get to get it fixed.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling at least 3 different times. It usually fixes it... for about an hour maybe, then it breaks again. :<
Ive installed it into different harddrives, to see if it might be a fault in the harddrive or needing a clean install
Ive verified the integrity often

Ive done those things, and yet I STILL cant get it fixed. I'd like some help in finding a solution to this, because I would like to play on slender every now and then. :<

some basic computer specs:
processor: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics card: 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760s connected with SLI
Steam uses the latest update of the beta, with Pixelvision 2.0 as the skin (dont remember the exact version of the skin, though)
I have 3 1TB harddrives and a 250 GB SSD
Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see. ;D
Serena
Veteran

Re: Constant crashing on Slender Fortress

Post by Serena »

I get this as well. I don't think it has anything to do with your computer, because I know a lot of other people have this issue as well.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

It could very well be a map/boss problem.
Try just deleting your Slender map(s)/bosses and re-connect and see if that fixes it.

Are you both using custom HUDs? If so, try just reverting to your stock TF2 HUD.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Chikiro
Veteran

Post by Chikiro »

I dont have anything custom on my tf2. I just have a custom skin on my steam.

However, I did something recently that "fixed" the crashing problem for me. IDK which one of these settings would actually help, but doing it all still made me not crash. Last night, I set every single one of my video settings to the lowest setting. (including disabling multicore processing, etc.) And, I managed to spend ~4 hrs without a single crash! Dunno which one specifically did the trick, but it still worked overall for me.
Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see. ;D