{SOLVED}Microphone Problems

{SOLVED}Microphone Problems

Postby JackieDrawsCx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:34 pm

I've been told from many people that my microphone sounds bad-ish and static. I am not sure why, mainly because when I use my mic for my phone it works just fine. I'm thinking the problem might be my laptop itself, and the reason being that I'm already having some trouble with it. About a week or so ago my audio somewhat blew out. The audio sounded lower than unusual and had a static noise to it. Luckily I had decided to install Realtech audio drivers and it worked fine. Though I am still having troubles with my microphone, could it be because the laptop has a double jack? (as in the microphone jack and audio jack are both combined into one jack) Or is it the laptop itself?
Another thing I should mention, is that the laptop sometimes disconnects itself from the wifi. To fix it I have to manually disconnect from the wifi and then reconnect it.

So could someone possibly help me or know whats going on?

my laptop is a :

HP ENVY m7 Notebook
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

Thank You in advance!!!
Last edited by JackieDrawsCx on Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Also known as ☆♥Moshi Moshi♥☆
User avatar
JackieDrawsCx
Server Admin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 am

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby DerpyDragon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:19 am

Ok this happens to me often when I get a new headset I have a Lenovo y700, basically whenever I use my phone and my headset ( phone calls or music) my phone jack messes up with the headset when ever I plug it in and would make a weird connection when ever I plug it back to my laptop, one way I found a solution was to find what I call the sweet spot, that was connecting my headset back into my laptop's jack but not plugging it fully in, kinda mess around with it ( twist it around ). Also you might know this but use voice_loopback 1 in console and you will be able to hear yourself when ever you speak in game use this and try to find the sweet spot, hope this helps.
Last edited by DerpyDragon on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DerpyDragon
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 am

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby JackieDrawsCx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:43 am

DerpyDragon wrote:Ok this happens to me often when I get a new headset I have a Lenovo y700, basically whenever I use my phone and my headset ( phone calls or music) my phone jack messes up with the headset when ever I plug it in and would make a weird connection when ever I plug it back to my laptop, one way I found a solution was to find what I call the sweet spot, that was connecting my headset back into my laptop's jack but not plugging it fully in, kinda mess around with it ( twist it around ). Also you might know this but use voice_loopback 1 in console and you will be able to hear yourself when ever you speak in game use this and try to find the sweet spot, hope this helps.

Thank you so much I will be sure to try this!!
Image
Also known as ☆♥Moshi Moshi♥☆
User avatar
JackieDrawsCx
Server Admin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 am

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby DerpyDragon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:31 am

No prob friend
Image
User avatar
DerpyDragon
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 am

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby HakureiReimu_Husky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:20 am

Sounds like voltage drop, very typical in HP models when using the 3.5mm jack. I usually route my mic through USB or to an audio interface, then USB. They do make adapters from 3.5mm 5v to USB standard 2.0 or 3.0a, if you don't want to change your mic. If you do, check out the CAD Audio u37. It's a cheap professional USB mic
This is goodbye.
User avatar
HakureiReimu_Husky
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby Odie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:19 am

HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Sounds like voltage drop, very typical in HP models when using the 3.5mm jack. I usually route my mic through USB or to an audio interface, then USB. They do make adapters from 3.5mm 5v to USB standard 2.0 or 3.0a, if you don't want to change your mic. If you do, check out the CAD Audio u37. It's a cheap professional USB mic


Is this even with the Laptop plugged into an outlet?
Image
User avatar
Odie
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:50 am
Location: California, US

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby HakureiReimu_Husky » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:52 am

Odie wrote:
HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Sounds like voltage drop, very typical in HP models when using the 3.5mm jack. I usually route my mic through USB or to an audio interface, then USB. They do make adapters from 3.5mm 5v to USB standard 2.0 or 3.0a, if you don't want to change your mic. If you do, check out the CAD Audio u37. It's a cheap professional USB mic


Is this even with the Laptop plugged into an outlet?

Yes, that only changes the amperage. With negative ground to chassis systems which is basically every laptop ever, the voltage also known as electromotive force, the push of amperage (the intensity) is prematurely grounding or doesn't have a good connection to ground. It's a common problem with these jacks to have a poor ground connection as most of everything people use now rely on Bluetooth when it comes to entertainment such as headphones, so it's best to connect to the USB as there are capacitors and resistors behind it to condition the current, as well as a metered ground to the motherboard negative, later to ground. Sorry for the way I explained this, there's no other way I can explain it.
This is goodbye.
User avatar
HakureiReimu_Husky
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Microphone Problems

Postby JackieDrawsCx » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Solved!! Thank you all!!!
Image
Also known as ☆♥Moshi Moshi♥☆
User avatar
JackieDrawsCx
Server Admin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 am


Return to Hardware and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest