Unable to install graphics drivers for GTX 1060

Abraham
Veteran

Unable to install graphics drivers for GTX 1060

Post by Abraham »

Today I upgraded my graphics card from a GTX 670 to GTX 1060, theres just one issue. The graphics drivers wont install. Im running out of ideas, literally only fix I can think of / have found and havent tried yet is reinstalling windows and wiping my SSD clean and as one can think its sorta a last resort, especially with my internet, would be no issue if I had space to move the games from this drive to my HDD, but that happens to be almost full as well.

When I try to install the drivers, it fails at a really early stage while installing Graphics drivers, it doesn't give me any error messages nor any other information that could help me figure this out.

I've tried solving/bypassing this issue with following :
Tracking and removing all Nvidia files from my computer, from top to bottom, both manually and via DDU (Display Driver Uninstalliation), several times.
Installing it through disc.
Installing outdated drivers with the hopes of being able to upgrade to a newer one once its done (Failed to install the older versions as well).
Reinstalling the graphics card in my pc again. (Several times, just incase something was done incorrectly.)
Trying to install the drivers in safemode, with firewall disabled & with both.
Trying to install the drivers through Geforce Experience.

I figured id do a post here before dragging my PC to a local tech support tomorrow, i'd prefer not going there as they're overpriced, low quality and their customer service is shit and I dont feel like stepping my foot in there ever again.

Here's what I get when installing
Sorry for the program being in finnish, translated "Epäonnistui" means "Failed" and "Ei asennettu" means "Not installed"
Last edited by Abraham on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Abraham
Veteran

Re: Unable to install graphics drivers for GTX 1060

Post by Abraham »

Surprise surprise drivers installed without an issue on w7 while im running w10, downgrading to that currently.
ImageImageImage