Paul's VSH Admin Application

Paul's VSH Admin Application

Postby HankHill » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Steam Username: Paul
Past Usernames: Some Guy, Hank Hill

I am applying for admin on the Versus Saxton Hale servers.

My SteamID is STEAM_0:1:37744252 and Steam community page is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035754233/

Admins who have referred me: HorridSauce3

I would make a good admin because:

Firstly, I take an attempt to keep the rules enforced. If something minor is going on (and players have been warned at least twice), I would message an admin to come on and deal with it. Unfortunately, by the time they get on, the offending player stops the moment they see it happen. I'd be able to keep everybody in check for minor offenses more often; campers that are non-camping classes, afks, those kinds of people. Of course, there are the major offenses, which I have used the report system for and have gotten much better at it. I feel as if I can handle even the harsher offenders, even people that abuse the report command.

Second, I feel that I get along with most people. Granted I have my joking moments (what admin doesn't), but I have a mostly outgoing personality. I tell players to use Right Click instead of Crouching when trying to Super Jump, I give a few unique spots for Snipers and Engineers, and I've even been asked what loadouts are considered “the best” as far as the game mode, particularly as Scout..even though we can all agree I suck as Scout.

Third, I have made sure that I have been playing on the servers much more, especially since last I applied. Topping this off is taking advice from the current admins, each one having input in one way or another; Horrid and Shankin to chill some, Idjit reassuring that we have to be strict when needed, Cat Face when trying to warn others about how bad a server has gotten, and Charizard for general advice. I can't thank them enough for helping me figure out how to watch a server as they have.

Other things I should mention are: Well, I'll be on much more often now, as far as I know. My new job is only part time, so that gives me plenty of time to be on--more so than before. I can be a little quick to get salty and even irritated, but I've been doing my best to get better with keeping myself in check. Call me by my username, call me Paul, hell, call me a son of a bitch--I honestly don't care because they're all true.

Jesus, I turned this into another essay, didn't I?
Last edited by HankHill on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anybody in the mood for some Hot Dickings?
HankHill

Re: Paul's VSH Admin Application

Postby jonite1526 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Currently, I am a no. You are an active player and you do use your mic. You also have a good understanding of the rules an are pretty well known around the server.

However, I more often than not, see you using binds more than you enforce rules. Often times when you try to enforce rules when players get ignore what you are saying, you get incredibly frustrated. When being put in scenarios like these, you need to be calm and level headed.

Try and work on these things and I may change my vote.

Im changing to neutral. You definitely have improved on your behavior but you still get frustrated from time to time and lose your patience.
Last edited by jonite1526 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
=^-^=
jonite1526
Server Admin

Postby Idjit » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Staying as neutral for now. You can be a little immature at times, and you do lose your cool rather quickly. You do your best to enforce rules, but I see a lack in control over your emotions. Aside from that, you play almost daily and make reports often.
I eat the pussy at ludicrous speed.
Idjit
Server Admin

Postby HorridSauce3 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:32 pm

First of all please add your in game name(s) to your application. Im going to say Neutral for you as of now. You do use your mic and enforce the rules a lot and your very good at reporting to me. My one problem is that you seem to get frustrated with players who tend not to listen to you, becoming admin means you have to deal with players properly and professionally and not lash out at times. I need you to fix that before I can consider changing my decision
I have seen some major improvements in how you deal with stressful situations also you have done a great job with helping out with problems on the servers. +ref You can add me to your list of referrals.

-HorridSauce3
Last edited by HorridSauce3 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
HorridSauce3
Server Admin

Postby Shankin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:30 am

neutral.You do great with the rules and reporting to me, but like Idjit said, you do loose your cool from time to time, so you should try to keep more calm and collective. If this changes, then My vote may change.
I used to be a Minecraft admin, I know the stress-Rigby
Shankin
Server Admin

Postby HorridSauce3 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 am

Updated
HorridSauce3
Server Admin

Postby SpicyCandy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:38 pm

Your application will be reviewed in February. Be sure to remain active.
SpicyCandy
Co-Owner

Postby SpicyCandy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Application review date moved to March.
SpicyCandy
Co-Owner

Return to Apply For Admin