Box Trot Taunt

Serena
Veteran

Box Trot Taunt

Post by Serena »

Something I noticed while on death run is that a person used their box trot taunt before the round started and was able to move before anyone else is able to. Specifically, it was on wolfenstein, I saw a person use the taunt to go up to the door before anyone could move at all. Not all maps have doors like these to stop anyone from getting ahead. I'm not exactly pointing this out as a "OMG BAN THIS TAUNT AHHHHH" kinda thing, but I wanted to discuss this with other regulars and admins if they have seen this and see a problem with it.

I don't exactly see an issue with it on DR, but it could maybe become an issue in the future with different maps and on different servers.
McKon
Veteran
Location: The Netherlands, North-Brabant, Dongen, Oranjeplein 53

Re: Box Trot Taunt

Post by McKon »

I have to say on freak fortress it is used a lot as a tool to hide in a corner and waste a slot for a couple hours unless an admin comes in. I'm not directly going to say ban it as it can be fun as well and I think this will decline over time. I've seen the same with the rango relexo and it's fine now.
-McKon
BigNastyTeddyBear

Post by BigNastyTeddyBear »

These issues have been stated already and I'm sure Fire and Spicy are aware of it. But this update has gotten everything fucked up with all types of servers there are issues everywhere. The best we can do is just stay calm and as admins punish the people who exploit these issues until the situation is fixed.
I'm @Best because I am da best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) k
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I think we should keep the taunt on DR but modify it so that people can't get a head start on certain maps, which is also one of the reasons why conga was disabled beside the fact that it can crash the server.
ImageImage
discFF user

Post by discFF user »

Anyone with the box trot taunt can move before the round starts on pretty much every deathrun map, just like conga. I've seen it done on a lot of the maps. I don't think it's a big deal it will give users a tiny advantage maybe a couple seconds ahead of the rest, but once they reach another door or trap the lead they had will be lost unless they get through.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I like the box trot .n.
But, some measures may need to be taken in certain servers.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

On Death Run could you just make taunts not usable until the start of the round? Fairly certain Freak Fortress you can't taunt until the round starts, so why not add it to DR?
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Dr. Axel Link wrote:On Death Run could you just make taunts not usable until the start of the round? Fairly certain Freak Fortress you can't taunt until the round starts, so why not add it to DR?
It would be a good idea actually.
Last edited by Dongle on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Harmless
Veteran

Post by Harmless »

I've seen some spies fool around with the Box trot and I've used it once personally for a mini-contest. I won't say it's gamebreaking, and it doesn't really allow any head starts on VSH for Spies. Though the taunt's addictiveness might be a small problem for friendlies (though then again the same could be said for Spycrabs).
---------
when I think of harmless I imagine urethral splintering :)
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Conga and the kick taunt were removed because they cause lag and could crash the server. The other taunts most likely won't be removed, and of people expoit taunts or use them to be friendly on servers where friendliest are not allowed then they can be punished in a Case by case manner. Removing the taunt entirely isn't really fair
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.