FF2 Boss Toggle

CuteCamii

FF2 Boss Toggle

Post by CuteCamii »

In my opinion there should be a choice to toggle your boss on and off instead of resetting your hale que points I know There is a plugin for this somewhere I think this will be a good idea
Rigby!

Re: FF2 Boss Toggle

Post by Rigby! »

Idk, I think having a wide range of people play as the boss means that the every round has a different outcome. And having the same 2 tryhards and the 5 same noobs seems kinda boring. Make a bind if you want, bind <key> "say /hale_resetq"
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
JackieDrawsCx

Post by JackieDrawsCx »

i thought there was a toggle to turn off boss in FF2, from what i could remember it would always ask me about the boss in the beginning of the round.
Also known as ☆♥Moshi Moshi♥☆
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

You can toggle if you want to be boss or not by typing "!setboss" and choosing that option. However, if you do so it also resets your queue points.
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

fam
there's already a way to disable being a boss. hit 3 next time a message pops up asking for what boss you want to play as.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

He's saying without resetting the queue. The current system removes all points, and can't regain. They want to be able to disable it on a map, but not have to restart on the next map
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

With the way queue points work in general, if you reset at the start of a map, odds are you'll have enough points to play at the start of the next. There'd be no reason to have this feature, ESPECIALLY in a gamemode where you choose what boss you play.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Isn't there an option you can select called "never be boss" or something? Remember seeing that somewhere
Sky Dragon

Post by Sky Dragon »

I have been on this server(freakfortress2) for 4-5 years (ruffly before it switched owners I was told) and they still don't give you an option to store your que points, even though other servers do. Yes they do give you the option to not be hale, but to sacrifice que points in the process. You can't even do any of the neat tricks to avoid going hale because they block you from joining spectator, and leaving before being the next hale puts your que points at risk of resetting. Whenever I ask the admins on the server why we don't have such a thing, they just make up bullshit excuses like "people would use it to troll other people" just complete nonsense.

So if you want to play hale, but you don't like the boss pack or the map you have to leave while you are the second or third person on the que list and then wait until the server changes maps.
Last edited by Sky Dragon on Mon May 08, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Illuse
Veteran

Post by Illuse »

I see one problem that could occur, Lets say we got a new hale that is super popular and people are stuck on a different boss pack, so more than half of the players hold there queue points, then you could have possibly the same person as the hale or if its a small server and everyone holds there points then what would happen, the server could glitch due to no one being next. I like the idea but I still think that it could cause problems.
Last edited by Illuse on Tue May 16, 2017 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Here's a ref while you suck his furry cock" Idjit