TF2 Minecraft Fun Server Godmode Appeal

Sugar

TF2 Minecraft Fun Server Godmode Appeal

Post by Sugar »

Server: 24/7 Trade/Fun Server
ip: 216.52.148.85:27015
Subject: Godmode for Admins

-Now I understand that godmode is a tool that can easily encourage or tempt even the best admins to cheat or kill unfairly, however, I see it and use it as a very valuble administration tool for doing things such as-

Clearing Nether and Base Campers
Overseeing Spycrab events
Doing Games/Bossfights With the /size Plugin
Taking screenshots for friends
And generally used to administer a sense of superiority over players who are either abusive or occasionally even hackers.

We had it before and no problems, only benefits, and from experience no misuse (or very little) came from it, and a petition of Admins from this server who agree are as follows-
IAmNotASpy
Alexander the Dragon
Myself (Sugar)
Mazlli
RuffianBear

We all agree it should be an allowed command.
Thank You for consideration.
Last edited by Sugar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Element

Re: TF2 Minecraft Fun Server Godmode Appeal

Post by Element »

What exactly are you trying to do here? Get it approved to use, or get it removed?
Last edited by Element on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

-When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

-Drinking is not a solution, unless we are talking about alcohol.
IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

Element wrote:What exactly are you trying to do here? Get it approved to use, or get it removed?
It's easy to see his stance towards it in his post. He's trying to get it added to the server.
Last edited by IAmJim on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

It used to be on there and was removed, im trying to get it BACK.
Last edited by Sugar on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

Keep in mind you still have noclip commands, (for the spycrab issue), you can noclip players to a specific area, such as the dog near the music boxes, then un noclip them. Either way, you can join their team to oversee such an event and tell them to complete it in spawn. As for hackers, there is a spectator team, you can view the accused hacker in spectator if you feel suspicious of them. As for boss fights, it's clearly unfair if the team can't damage the intended boss that has godmode, we used the hurtme command, which I can talk to fire about that, don't know how that would work out. Taking screenshots for friends? Join their team, stay in spawn for them. If it's outside spawn, warn other players not to near them, as you're doing them a favor, and threaten to slay or even kick them, but remember to warn. As for nether campers, tell them to stop doing so, if they don't, kick/ban them for a few minutes. Godmode is a temporary toggle plugin, and is intended generally to be used with plugins that only apply godmode to such a player for a set amount of seconds. Godmode is NOT a necessary plugin. I hear, and sometimes see too much bullshit with it being used. "Oops I forgot to toggle off" for example. Read motd here admins.

Rule for Admins to follow

1. Be active on the server.

2. Do not abuse admin.

3. Kicks/Bans/Mutes/Slays are only to be used if a player is breaking the rules.

4. Admin powers are only to be used to enforce the rules.

5. Do not disrespect other players.

6. Admins are not above the rules, under any circumstances.

7. Keep the server under control at all times.

Read the rules listed in red and a large font. Rule number 4 applies for noclip sells as well, it is no longer allowed.

If you have a problem with this, you are more then welcome to leave. That is all for now.
Last edited by Fire on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Element

Post by Element »

That being said, it will not be re-added. It was removed for a reason, its going to stay that way.
BreezierDarrenG wrote:If you have a problem with this, you are more then welcome to leave.
Last edited by Element on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

-Drinking is not a solution, unless we are talking about alcohol.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Locked on request.
ImageImage