Amishbull...

Mr.Magic

Amishbull...

Post by Mr.Magic »

Amishbull became a admin on Disc servers recently, and he was pretty good for a while. A fun person that everyone liked.

Lately, though, he's become kind of a jerk. He's been unneccesarily rude, and no longer attemps to help players. Now, I'm not sure exacltly what the rules to being an admin is, but I can say that, he's on the fast track to breaking one. He hasn't directly done something abusive, but I wouldn't be suprised if he did.

For instance, on the map "Vsh_minegay" some people shot a car that blew up and killed a few teammates. I heard amish say, "Don't teamkill by blowing up the car." When some people were opposed to this, I recall him saying, "I don't care. I'm the admin, I make the rules." No, Amishbull, you don't make the rules. Using enviornmental objects to teamkill is not against the rules.

Another involved a user named Starcatcher. When his team wins a match, a glitch happens where the loading screen shows (he isn't actually taken back to the screen.) and he can't see a thing. Amish started accusing him of being "peaceful" or a "friendly" and banned him for two hours. Now, anything that affects the screen will solve that problem. (i.e., jarate, fire, the "drugged" effect, etc.) But he didn't give a damn.

I thought I would bring this to the owners' attention. I, and many others, don't much like abusive admins. I hope someone will talk to him.

-Mr.Magic
Last edited by Mr.Magic on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleezypro

Re: Amishbull...

Post by Sleezypro »

I think using enviromental objects to TK is still TK, just saying.
Last edited by Sleezypro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.Magic

Post by Mr.Magic »

Sleezy, that's not the point of this post.
Last edited by Mr.Magic on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sleezypro

Post by Sleezypro »

I know but just sayin
Last edited by Sleezypro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Never got any bad reports about Amish before I will have him read this and respond.
Last edited by Fire on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Well, I became admin too, but I think Amishbull is doing better then me. But people that just blow up the car to kill their teammates, are quite stupid, in my oppinion....

And what Fire says: Never heard any bad reports about Amish. I think... No, wait... I know he is a great admin and HE knows what he is doing. I don't think he is abusing, because he does know where he is talking about.

That's not all, I think he had some warnings about it so i don't think he does JUST do that, without any reason. And I really don't beleave Amish would say: "I don't care. I'm the admin, I make the rules.". That would be wrong, he know that... Even I know that is wrong...

I'm sorry, mate... I don't think he is abusing his hole power of being (Head-)Admin. :wtf:
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daethe

Post by Daethe »

Likewise, I became admin recently with SURE [NL], and I 110% agree with him.

I know Amish is doing a better job than me. Who knows? Maybe Amish didn't know that what happened was a glitch. I'm not Amish, so I wouldn't know for certain. But I wouldn't think for a second that Amish would say "I don't care. I'm the admin, I make the rules." at all. I know Amish wouldn't do anything like that. :crazy:

Short-in-short, I stick with Amishbull and SURE [NL], he wasn't abusing his powers.
Last edited by Daethe on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

Dear Mr.Magic

I'm sorry if you don't like the way I run my server. I've been playing this game for several years, and I know what kind of servers I like
and what kind I don't. My job as admin is to keep the game fair, keep it moving, and enforce the rules.

You say,
"For instance, on the map "Vsh_minegay" some people shot a car that blew up and killed a few teammates.
I heard amish say, "Don't teamkill by blowing up the car." When some people were opposed to this, I recall
him saying, "I don't care. I'm the admin, I make the rules." No, Amishbull, you don't make the rules.
Using enviornmental objects to teamkill is not against the rules."

I tell everyone when that map starts, "Don't exploit the door, and don't team kill with the car." I've never heard ANYONE oppose this, but I've gotten dozens of complaints from people who have been killed by the car. I've been killed by the car myself and I know I didn't like it. Ten seconds out of the spawn and you're dead, now you get to wait 5-10 minutes before you can play again.

Some of these bosses are quite hard to kill, and by eliminating 3 or 4 of your teammates it's just going to make it even more difficult. It's not only common sense that you don't team kill, but it could be interpreted as disrespecting other players (yes there is a rule against that). If you think it's fun to kill your teammates, I suggest you find another server to play on.

You also say,
"Another involved a user named Starcatcher. When his team wins a match, a glitch happens where the loading screen
shows (he isn't actually taken back to the screen.) and he can't see a thing. Amish started accusing him of being
"peaceful" or a "friendly" and banned him for two hours. Now, anything that affects the screen will solve that problem.
(i.e., jarate, fire, the "drugged" effect, etc.) But he didn't give a damn."

I came into the game to find your friend, Starcatcher, wandering about the spawn in spy crab mode. I told him twice that I didn't allow friendlies on my server. Twice he responded, "Do me a favor". He didn't ask for help or explain what favor he needed.

I wouldn't normally ban someone for that, but I was busy helping someone else, the server was full, and he was wasting a much needed spy slot.

After you explained what his problem was, I went to the ban website and attempted to unban him, but it wouldn't let me. I returned to the game only to find another spy crab, who was also banned for 2 hours.

You say your friend "can't see a thing", yet some how he can send text messages and get himself into spy crab mode. My job is to keep the game fair and moving, not fix your friend's computer problems. Seriously dude, do you think it's the admins responsibility to throw jarate on him in between each round?

As far as friendlies go, the last thing people want is five heavies standing around eating sandviches. We come here to fight, win, and have some fun, and that's not going to happen if people won't fight as a TEAM.

amishbull
Last edited by amishbull on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I pretty much agree with everything Amish had to say. He has been very active and loyal to me and the players/other admins on the server enjoy him. If you see abuse next time try to gather some proof (like a demo or screen shot).
Last edited by Fire on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Mr.Magic

Post by Mr.Magic »

Now, I never said Amish ever did anything abusive, like slay someone or something, but I do believe he could go about doing things better. When the server was under control of Arc, the staff did all they could to help users, even problems only one suffered from. I guess I'm used to that kind of care from admins.

My belief is that admins should be helping users on the server and trying to improve quality for each person, not just the masses. But that's just my veiw.

Really I wish amishbull would go back to the way he was. Nice, entertaining, and helpfull.

(On a side note, Starcatcher did use the chat to try and explain his situation. I guess it wasn't seen though. If I sounded like a jerk, I didn't mean to. It's my favorite ff2 server and I kinda hate to see it ruined for me.)

Edit: With the whole screen glitch thing, the HUD is still visible, but nothing else is.
Last edited by Mr.Magic on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 am, edited 3 times in total.