Amishbull...

amishbull
Veteran

Re: Amishbull...

Post by amishbull »

Dear Mr.Magic,

How can you say that I've "become kind of a jerk", that I'm "unneccesarily rude, and no longer attemps to help players",
and that I'm "on the fast track to breaking" the rules? From Jan. 2nd to Jan. 16th you were only on 10.7% of the time I was on.

You don't know anything about me, or what I do all day. I always try to help people with their problems, both in the game
and on private chat. If someone is stuck, I teleport them. If someone needs to know how to see who's the next boss, or
how to set their boss, or how to change their color, or how to apply to be an admin, I tell them. If they need help filling
out the admin form because their English isn't very good, I help them. If they need a link to the forums, I provide it.
I have even gone to another server with an individual to try and figure out why he was having mic problems.

Most of the time I stop dead in my tracks to help them, and most of the time I'm dead before I finish helping them!

As far as you friend's problem goes, I know he's had this problem since the days of ARC, and that the admins on ARC tried
to help him but were unsuccessful. And by the way, I played on ARC for at least a month before their demise, and never
saw an admin once.

I'm not on expert on video problems, and you can't expect any admin to be, but does he have the latest drivers? Does he have
enough RAM to run the game? Did he try turning off unnecessary programs that run in the background? Did he try reinstalling
the game? Did he contact Steam support for help?

I've always bent over backwards to help people, and I really resent you accusing me otherwise. If you think stabbing an
admin in the back will solve your problems, I can assure you that you're wrong. I will not answer any more of your forum
posts, and I sincerely hope you find another server to play on.

Have a great day!

amishbull
Last edited by amishbull on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.Magic

Post by Mr.Magic »

Maybe you're right. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of your work to make a accurate judgement. But what I can make is a comparison.

The way you were when I first met you on the server was great. You were very entertaining and funny, making waiting while for the next round bearable. The whole "Cow Power" thing was cool, and players seemed to really like you.

...And at what point did I attempt to "stab you in the back?"

I believe you're taking this the wrong way. You seem to think that I want you to not be an admin anymore. No, that's not the case at all.

I want you to be the fun-loving amish I'd known at first. That's all. To not be the strict "srs bsns" admin. I also very much hope you see this in a different way. I don't wanna piss anyone off. I just wanted to speak a concern of mine.
Last edited by Mr.Magic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.Magic

Post by Mr.Magic »

I though you wern't a jackass, Amish. I really did. I thought you were just irritated with having to put up with so much guff from people. But I can see now from your reply I was wrong.

"...And I sincerly hope you find another server to play on." Well, you don't need to worry about that. The server was good under ARC's management, they knew how to interact with players. I can safely say I won't be playing on disc servers anymore, as long as there are admins like you around.

And, if you knew what Starcatcher's problem was, why did you react the way you did?

"I will not answer any more of your forum posts, and I sincerely hope you find another server to play on." Trying to just end it there so you don't look like a fool? There are other things I could point out, but I'll leave it at this for now.

I thought you were one of those rare admins that brighten people's day when they see: "amishbull has joined the game" All you did was ruin my favorite FF2 server for me. Good job.

Farewell, amishbull. I hope you have a grand damn time.
Last edited by Mr.Magic on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Irufort

Post by Irufort »

Admins are people too...they feel and have emotion for themselves and to feel about others. They have their own personalities and thinking.
You shouldn't judge people just by seeing him/her swayed from your own good's perspective or just because he/she is not always like you think.
Sometimes you have to accept people the way they are, afterall this is REALITY. People can change over time , in heart and body.
" I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End"