My Experience with an FF admin. Constructive criticism.

Umbreon

My Experience with an FF admin. Constructive criticism.

Post by Umbreon »

Please keep in mind I can't remember everything to a T but I will do my best. I'm not here to "troll your servers" or anything like that. I also do not know if I posted this on the right section, apologies in advance; as well as any grammar errors, as it's late.
After giving TF2 a break for so long, I decided to hop on one of my favorite servers, the FF minecraft server. I have played on this server ever since it's beginning, still owned by Darren, branded FG and unpopular. Please keep in mind that I have been an administrator on many servers, and not just on TF2, I know what it's like and how hard it can be. My experience involved pointing out, rule number 4 on the MOTD page. Which roughly states, "Admin powers are only to be used to enforce the rules." The admin in question, FlutterTree, was using his admin screen-chat to talk about things such as casual prices. I made the admin aware of this, and was replied with this answer (in admin chat) "I think I'll just talk like this for the rest of the time." I was also told that "The top admin allows/does it too." Now, is this a problem here? "Fire allows it", I was told. Then I wondered, why did Fire (yes, fire, I know you are a very busy and successful person, don't get me wrong on that point), why were we allowing Admins to break their own rules? Is there something I'm missing? Maybe the rule of "Admins are not above the rules under any circumstances" also might be a problem here. Flutter will provide you with his own story, from his own point of view, about how "I was bitching/being a dumbass". Of this I have no doubt; as he is an admin you will be inclined to view his point as more reputable than my own.

My point is, something needs to change here.

Thank you,
Umbreon.
Last edited by Umbreon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony :3

Re: My Experience with an FF admin. Constructive criticism.

Post by Tony :3 »

Although I do agree that FlutterTree has been having some problems lately. Using admin chat is just something ive always done on servers Im admin on. It's not as much considered a power more than it is recognition and for me, a habit now. /csay is the one where it pops up in white letters on the screen. /say is where in chat it shows at *(ADMIN) Tony: Hi*. Im not sure which one you mean but I do admit when he spams with /csay it gets annoying. But using chat commands is not really abuse unless hes spamming the chat with it.
Last edited by Tony :3 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Umbreon wrote:why did Fire (yes, fire, I know you are a very busy and successful person, don't get me wrong on that point), why were we allowing Admins to break their own rules?
Because that rule is there to give people something to use against admins that are abusing commands/power for no reason or disrupting gameplay.

You're one of those people that nit-picks the tiniest shit because it's technically against the rules and acts like he's doing something wrong. If he was spamming it, sure, that could be abusive. But just casually using admin chat? you're reporting someone for this? seriously? this isn't a real problem, stop trying to make it bigger than it is based on technicalities.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Umbreon

Post by Umbreon »

First of all, thank you for reading. Again, Apologies for grammar.
The problem was that he was spamming /csay, and when asked about this, again I will say that he replied (in /say): I think I will talk like this for the rest of the time."

What does that tell you?

Of course, there's no way to remove the giant messages from your screen, other than to tell our admin what he is doing wrong. And that's exactly what I did; I personally find it annoying having a message showing on my screen every 7 seconds.
I'm not "nit-picking" I wouldn't type out a thought-filled post like that if I wanted to nit-pick. Like I said, this is my experience and constructive criticism. I realize we all have our view.

And so I leave you with this:
If the administrators can break their own rules without a problem, then why can the players be punished for doing the same?

Thank you.
Last edited by Umbreon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Oh, is it one of those ones that puts huge fucking text across the entire screen? yeah that's annoying/disruptive as fuck.

I thought you were complaining that he was using the 'admin chat' that just makes his text a different color/bold.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like i said, its extremely annoying. I agree
Last edited by Tony :3 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

I've told Fire many times about Flutter, as he mic spams constantly. I, personally, don't want him admin on my server. I've even told him to stop doing it, as well as to stop toggling noclip 24/7 "Just killing afk's". I told him I don't want him doing that, regardless to what I say, he does it anyways. The problem with this in particular, is that someone may move while trying to farm his strange weapons, thus pissing the player off because of abuse. Once I told him to stop using noclip all the time, he said I was making admin for him unfun, not those words in particular, similar to it, as it was days ago. He respects no one, and picks favorites over others, in which I don't like as well. This is my opinion.
Last edited by Breezier on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I thought it was the light green chat text also. He shouldn't be spamming text across peoples screens. I will let him know.
Last edited by Fire on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

just to add to the conversation. He thought up giving me 3 strikes, 0/3 etc. What the fuck.
Last edited by Tony :3 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
mtwizzer

Post by mtwizzer »

my only bad experience with flutter was when i had just got admin keep in mind i always do my job in keeping the server under control, so back to the subject i just got my admin while he was on and his entire team was spawn camping i warned the team multiple times to back off spawn so i was forced to slay the team. After i slayed the team flutter told me i was being abusive so i replied i was simply doing my job. A few minutes later the team was at it again and again i gave multiple warnings but no one listened so i was forced to slay them again. At this point flutter was threatening to upload a video complaint stating that i was a abusive admin. anyway long story short he has a very big attitude problem and a very big ego i think it might prove to be a issue in the future.
Last edited by mtwizzer on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.