Teleporter Spawn Idea

Crazy

Teleporter Spawn Idea

Post by Crazy »

Hey,

I have an idea that will stop spawncamping forever. If we can make a map with a blocked off spawn (sort of a room) with a teleporter there to go outiside of the spawn that leads to the idle bridge (were you can walk on the bridge below the idlers). Some of the admins have been super frustrated with all the spawncamping that they have decided to stop it.

Map Layout Ideas
- 2 Block rooms with closed walls (No exit possible) with tubes to send idlers down to the bridge
- Teleporter used to leave the spawn to the boxing ring area
- A block that the opposite team cannot pass (If possible, a script that block bullets, ect from passing that block)
*Any othe ideas that hit me i will list*

Crazy
Last edited by Crazy on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Re: Teleporter Spawn Idea

Post by SpicyCandy »

I completely support this idea.

As Crazy and Deldongo have both resigned, I noticed I am literally the only admin that has dedicated a lot of time to this server. Narwha1 has been helping me as well, but with this idea could really help me and the people ofthe servers.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I've just make changed unlimited ammo so you still have to reload your weapon. I will try and get a mapper to make some fixes soon.
Last edited by Fire on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
SaxAlot

Post by SaxAlot »

SpicyCandy wrote:I completely support this idea.

As Crazy and Deldongo have both resigned, I noticed I am literally the only admin that has dedicated a lot of time to this server. Narwha1 has been helping me as well, but with this idea could really help me and the people ofthe servers.
Oh my gosh! that is so rude :o Are you saying that you're the ONLY admin that dedicates time to the server? and that Narwhal helps you sometimes? :think:

aside from that, i think would be a pretty O.T.T change on the server, you might as well just change the map if you do that.. I don't think it's that horrible that you'd need change half of the map :eh: Yeah, occasionally you get the odd naughty kid(s) who shoot into/at the spawn but it's not even as big of a deal as you're making it :? The change of having to reload your gun is enough
Last edited by SaxAlot on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

~SaxAlot~
Fear

Post by Fear »

Nooooes, I like not reloading.
Last edited by Fear on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Uh, a teleporter would probably be worse, tbh.

The problem with "spawn-camping" is that the map is built in such a way that you can bottle neck your entire team at spawn at a single point. And while your team runs out one by one as they respawn and get killed, their entire team is sitting out there as far as they can go shooting at you. Adding a teleporter just makes it easier to camp said teleporter and kill you.

Valve usually combats this problem by building several routes from spawn that the other team can not access, so that even if you're blocking one side, you can't block an entire team inside of spawn because if they as a team make a push against the route with less people they can break through it through numbers alone.

It MIGHT be possible to combat this with multiple teleporters, at least 3 per team that can't all be seen from the same vantage point could work, but it all depends on the map, and what it allows for.

Also fear you're a faggot.

edit: Actually I'm not sure that I've a clue what I'm taliking about here, I should probably join the server before commenting next time.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

soulharvester wrote: Also fear you're a faggot.

edit: Actually I'm not sure that I've a clue what I'm taliking about here, I should probably join the server before commenting next time.
You're right about whatever you're saying though. You can't expect to not get spawn camped unless you have multiple exits out of the spawn.
Last edited by IAmJim on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Yeah, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to maps, I just haven't a clue how the gamemode works or how the map is actually built on this server.
Last edited by soulharvester on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irufort

Post by Irufort »

The teleportation idea? Well it's not really bad but noes.
Last edited by Irufort on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End"
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

The map edit is 80% done. There will be 3 new exits out of spawn and the middle section will block projectiles.
ImageImage