Just a suggestion

asdfasdf

Just a suggestion

Post by asdfasdf »

I'm not part of the TF2 half of the community so much. But i have been on the CSS side for about a year and a half. But anyways, I have been reading through the ban appeals and complaints against other players, and I have a few things to say. 1 is that if you are going to use chat logs you should use a screen cap and not copy and paste it. If you copy and paste you can make a lot of things up and with a screen cap it's kinda impossible unless you photoshop it lol. If it's not a screen cap of the chat, i feel like it shouldn't even be used as legit proof for the ban appeal/player report. Also another thing, it seems as if some of the Admins don't know what punishment to use for each situation, and are banning for dumb things that could be easily solved with silences and mutes or things of that nature. And if i'm correct, there is even a tuttorial or guide for new admins on these forums, but i'm not exactly sure if i'm correct on that. But anyways, those are just a few things i have been thinking of as i've been reading through these lol
Last edited by asdfasdf on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sleezypro

Re: Just a suggestion

Post by Sleezypro »

Some1 said this in the past "It hurts them more to be unable to communicate than to ban" and I agree completely with that statement and find it more reasonable, it also keeps the server more populated and fun for every1 else, while torturing for the muted/gag'd one. For CSS I usually keep the bans for jetpack abuse and hackers, trolls and spam get mute/gag. Use punishments wisely.
Last edited by Sleezypro on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

asdfasdf wrote:I'm not part of the TF2 half of the community so much. But i have been on the CSS side for about a year and a half. But anyways, I have been reading through the ban appeals and complaints against other players, and I have a few things to say. 1 is that if you are going to use chat logs you should use a screen cap and not copy and paste it. If you copy and paste you can make a lot of things up and with a screen cap it's kinda impossible unless you photoshop it lol. If it's not a screen cap of the chat, i feel like it shouldn't even be used as legit proof for the ban appeal/player report. Also another thing, it seems as if some of the Admins don't know what punishment to use for each situation, and are banning for dumb things that could be easily solved with silences and mutes or things of that nature. And if i'm correct, there is even a tuttorial or guide for new admins on these forums, but i'm not exactly sure if i'm correct on that. But anyways, those are just a few things i have been thinking of as i've been reading through these lol
Screenshots are not entirely necessary, I'm pretty sure Fire has chat logs saved from all the servers that he can confirm to the report. BUT I do agree that our TF2 admins need to lighten on the bans.
Last edited by Breezier on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Michael Phelps
Veteran

Post by Michael Phelps »

Breezier wrote:
asdfasdf wrote:I'm not part of the TF2 half of the community so much. But i have been on the CSS side for about a year and a half. But anyways, I have been reading through the ban appeals and complaints against other players, and I have a few things to say. 1 is that if you are going to use chat logs you should use a screen cap and not copy and paste it. If you copy and paste you can make a lot of things up and with a screen cap it's kinda impossible unless you photoshop it lol. If it's not a screen cap of the chat, i feel like it shouldn't even be used as legit proof for the ban appeal/player report. Also another thing, it seems as if some of the Admins don't know what punishment to use for each situation, and are banning for dumb things that could be easily solved with silences and mutes or things of that nature. And if i'm correct, there is even a tuttorial or guide for new admins on these forums, but i'm not exactly sure if i'm correct on that. But anyways, those are just a few things i have been thinking of as i've been reading through these lol
Screenshots are not entirely necessary, I'm pretty sure Fire has chat logs saved from all the servers that he can confirm to the report. BUT I do agree that our TF2 admins need to lighten on the bans.
Pretty sure he's talking about steam chat, not server chat logs...
Last edited by Michael Phelps on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

Michael Phelps wrote:
Breezier wrote:
Pretty sure he's talking about steam chat, not server chat logs...
Ah, well yeah then it makes sense.
Last edited by Breezier on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Michael Phelps
Veteran

Post by Michael Phelps »

Still love you Breezier!