Temporary Removal of 3 Maps (Saxton Hale)

MrBuppo

Temporary Removal of 3 Maps (Saxton Hale)

Post by MrBuppo »

I've heard some people asking for it, so I thought I might as well bring it up. The three maps are:
1. vsh_2fortdesk_v8
2. vsh_minegay_b3
3. vsh_peach's_castle

The reason people want a temporary removal of these three maps is because the VSH server is almost always in a cycle between these three maps. This has been going on ever since Peach's Castle was released.

Please let me get something clear. Peach's Castle and 2fortdesk are nice, well made maps. I just don't like playing them almost all the time. A break would be nice.

I think the biggest issue would be minegay. People with computers like mine suffer performance issues with it. If I'm outside one of the buildings, my fps drops to around 15-20. It's also an exploitable map. You can block the door to the Mercenary spawn. Also the minecart kind of eats you and traps you in the ground. In my opinion, it's just not a very good looking map. The mapmaker put graffiti all over the place. Plus the houses were poorly done. Minegay also seems to be the most played map now, which seems ironic.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
IAreHAze

Re: Temporary Removal of 3 Maps (Saxton Hale)

Post by IAreHAze »

i completly agree, i would like to see more maps be played instead of these 3 maps everytime
a temp ban on these maps would be great, or a system that you can only choose a map once within a 4-6 hour period so maps dont get played or even a 3 map interval

and also, i would like to see Rats office come back, Great map, everyone loved it
Last edited by IAreHAze on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony :3

Post by Tony :3 »

possible make it so that once a map is chosen, its not even in the rtv/vote for another 4 maps or something like that.
Last edited by Tony :3 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I reduced the extend timer from 15 to 10 minutes. I also excluded the last 5 maps that were played from the map vote list. This should help to allow a more diverse map rotation.
Last edited by Fire on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

I find it kind of funny how I was sick of my own map. Played 71 times in a month.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

is there not like what there is on death run where you have to wait like 10 maps before able to play on it again? If there wasn't one on death run that thing would of got boring real fast so try adding it to saxton hale. Might help with the maps :)
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IAreHAze

Post by IAreHAze »

Fire wrote:I reduced the extend timer from 15 to 10 minutes. I also excluded the last 5 maps that were played from the map vote list. This should help to allow a more diverse map rotation.
Do you happen to know the name of the last 5 maps played?
Last edited by IAreHAze on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

You didn't understand me. I didn't remove any maps. People wont be able to nominate or vote for the last 5 maps that were played. This will stop people from picking the same maps over and over.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Also, if there are no nominates these last 5 maps can not be chosen randomly.