Disc-FF's Very Own Slender Fortress?

SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Disc-FF's Very Own Slender Fortress?

Post by SpicyCandy »

Hey guys, Spicy here with a sort of an announcement,

As you may or may not know, there is a custom mod in Team Fortress 2 called Slender Fortress. Currently, there is only 1 server in the entire world that runs such a mod and it only hosts up to 24 slots, (The extra slot is reserved for admins). It is a mod where a team of reds must collects 8 pages (When found, the player can pick them up by meleeing the page.) However, stalking them is a character from a creepypasta, all randomly generated. After collecting all 8 pages, players must escape (Go back to where they spawned). There are multiple maps to this mod and multiple hostiles. The Creepypastas include: Good ole' Slendermen. Ben Drowned, SCP-173, Weeping Angel, Slowerno, etc. Also, there are specials rounds that occasionally occur when there is a possibility of two bosses or double the players. What happens to the people that are waiting? They are on the BLU team and are waiting in the waiting room. They can either idle, play Pong, or type in !slghost to go into spectator mode and view the REDs collecting pages and avoiding the hostiles. What's great is that the BLU cannot contact the RED at any given moment, so there is not "ghosting" (Where dead players or players on the other team help the REDS cheat.) This is all written in the code. What's even better is that the server is full all the time. From Morning to Night. It is always full. It is a very popular mod and I have ALREADY talked to Fire about it. He tells me that if I can get the coding from the main coder, he'll put in the server. Now, I have trouble finding this person (Kit, I believe is the main coder), so if you could do me a favor and go on this server: 64.120.10.245:27015 (<--- Slender Fortress Server) and if you manage to find Kit, please request the coding. It could help bring Disc a lot of attention and really is a lot of fun.

Peace Out-

SpicyCandy
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Thu May 09, 2013 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wicawicawac

Re: Disc-FF's Very Own Slender Fortress?

Post by Wicawicawac »

This is a GREAT idea. I've played on the Slender Fortress a couple times now, and it is great. I'm sure if you got permission from the mod creators, you could host a server. This is gud idea!
Last edited by Wicawicawac on Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Well, this an exclusive for the NLR, hence the pony music and such. It is also only in beta stages, maybe when it hits version 1.0 it will have a public release.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

I got one simple question: What can do these bosses while RED is searching for these pages?
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

SURE [NL] wrote:I got one simple question: What can do this bosses while RED is searching for these pages?
Can you re-phrase that? That wasn't English...
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Hipster_Trip wrote:
SURE [NL] wrote:I got one simple question: What can do these bosses while RED is searching for these pages?
Can you re-phrase that? That wasn't English...
Better for you? Grammar nazi... ;l
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

I still don't understand sure there is no playable boss if that is what you mean?
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Thu May 09, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Ok first, to answer that question, the bosses have a spawn system similar to the one in slender: the eight pages. So stop with all this grammar nazi stuff. And hipster, yeah I might just wait for the public release but I kinda wanted to ask kit beforehand. Thanks for telling me though
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Sankoose120 wrote:I still don't understand sure there is no playable boss if that is what you mean?
SpicyCandy wrote:The Creepypastas include: Good ole' Slendermen. Ben Drowned, SCP-173, Weeping Angel, Slowerno, etc.
Well, I didn't understand that part... ;l
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

the bosses are random and are not real people playing as them. They are bots really that randomly come like in the actual Slender.Good ole' Slendermen. Ben Drowned, SCP-173, Weeping Angel, Slowerno, are some of the bosses
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.