Banning the "F" word

Phantom
Veteran

Re: Banning the "F" word

Post by Phantom »

dertycraig wrote:Whatever. I'm sorry for ever bringing it up.
You don't have to be sorry and nor am I trying to attack you personally. I just don't believe in what you're trying to do. Yet, like I said, if you can get people to back you up and show that this is a legitimate concern among the players in the TF2 servers then it will be addressed as such. But as of now it's only one man's opinion and majority rules.
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
dertycraig

Post by dertycraig »

I hope you all realize that this is all backward-ass thinking, and it makes you no better than the stupid ghetto people who are ruining our generation.
Last edited by dertycraig on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
dertycraig

Post by dertycraig »

Just because faggot is used casually doesn't mean that it loses its meaning. Whether you're using a different connotation, the denotation of the word is still hateful, and if you don't realize that then I hope you don't vote or have children.
Last edited by dertycraig on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

This is honestly getting nowhere, just the beginnings of another forum argument. Derty Craig, come back with more proof that thiis word is bringing significant harm to our people and servers.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
dertycraig

Post by dertycraig »

I'm not going to post on this forum anymore. If everyone else could refrain from posting on this thread that would be great too.
Last edited by dertycraig on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
FoneJack77

Post by FoneJack77 »

dertycraig wrote:Just because faggot is used casually doesn't mean that it loses its meaning. Whether you're using a different connotation, the denotation of the word is still hateful, and if you don't realize that then I hope you don't vote or have children.
When a word that is meant to target homosexuals is being used as a casual insult against people regardless of their sexuality, then yeah it certainly has lost (at the least) some of its original meaning.

and besides all else, like I said, when you make a big deal about words you only make them (and as a result, those who use them) more powerful against you. If someone calls you a faggot, laugh at them, don't cry about it.
Last edited by FoneJack77 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

Last edited by Breezier on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

Like I said before attacking all of us just because we don't agree with you just proves our point and doesn't help your argument look good at all. So please come back when you can post constructively and have some people to back up your opinions. Thread locked.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit