SLENDER FORTRESS SUGGESTION THREAD

King Demomidas
Veteran

Re: SLENDER FORTRESS SUGGESTION THREAD

Post by King Demomidas »

As Discussed Prior I compiled a list of the weapons in Slender Fortress that need tweaking. I tested each weapon and found that while 90% of them work 10% of them seem to have some sort of issues with them. The bugged weapons and their problems are as follows.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scout- Mad Milk: Doesn't extinguish players, only douses them. Jarate has the same issue.
Flying Guillotine- Goes through people instead of hitting them.
Fan of War- Mark for death doesn't apply on player hit.
Boston Basher- Doesn't damage self on swing, doesn't apply bleed to others.
Baby faces blaster- Doesn't gain speed on hit.

Soldier- Concheror- Gives speed boost on activation, doesn't give health on shot during activation.
Black Box- Doesn't give health on hit.
Mantreads- Doesn't give goomba damage when jumping on players via rocket jumping.

Pyro- Airblast- Can reflect projectiles, can only extinguish teammates, not push them
Scorch Shot- Doesn't give push force on hit

Demo- Quickybomb Launcher- Grenades fizzle when you try to detonate them instead of exploding.
Scottish Resistance- Grenades fizzle when you try to detonate them instead of exploding.

Heavy- Hue Long Heater- Rev'ed up flame circle doesn't apply afterburn/fire damage to players.
Warriors Spirit- Doesn't give health on hit
Natasha- Doesn't apply slowdown on hit.

Engi- Widowmaker- Doesn't give metal on hit.

Medic- Ubersaw- Doesn't give uber on hit.
Blutsauger- Doesn't give health on hit.

Sniper- Sydney Sleeper- Doesn't apply jarate on hit, charged or not.
Bazzar Bargin- Doesnt gather heads on headshot kill.
Razorback- Doesn't defend against backstabs

Spy- Conniver's Kunai- Doesn't give health on backstab kill.
Your Eternal Reward- Doesn't give disguise on backstab kill.
Dimondback- Doesn't store crits from backstab kills.

Other Notes- Hitscan- Where as hitboxes work fine for projectiles and explosive weapons, hit-scan on both bullet weapons and melee is very off of what is should be.

Tauntkills- While I've noticed some tauntkills do work such as the spys knife tauntkill, soldiers pickaxes tauntkill, and the pyros flare/shotgun tauntkill, the following tauntkills don't do damage at all.

Scout- Atomizer/Sandman

Pyro- Rainblower

Demo- Eyelander + Its reskins

Heavy- Fists/Apoco-Fists/Holiday Punch

Engi- Frontier Justice/Gunslinger

Medic- Ubersaw

Sniper- Huntsman/Fortified Compound
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this list is looked at so we may fix the issues with slender pvp. People have been complaining about some of these issues and we would like to see them resolved.

Also please note that these issues were tested on blue vs blue in pvp, as 90% of the bugged weapons work fine against reds.
Last edited by King Demomidas on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Most of these problems seem to be with the way TF2 handles friendly fire. To my knowledge most of these problems are not fixable server side and have to be patched by Valve. I believe a quick plugin could fix the pyro airblasting and health on kill on the kunai, although I'm not certain how reliable it would be.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Kari
Veteran

Post by Kari »

I would like to suggest the removal of the map "slender_perish_b1b"
I don't play slender often, but this map takes a bit to lower a bridge at the start, and you can't go through the map until the bridge is lowered completely. HOWEVER, there has been 2-3 rounds so far where the bridge thingy hasn't even lowered because the bosses came due to us not moving. But we can't move because it hasn't lowered!

I think the map should either be removed, or the bridge thing should be fixed so it's either gone or it comes down sooner. That's just my thought ouo
Last edited by Kari on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Mr Pail
Veteran

Post by Mr Pail »

ailoveai wrote:I would like to suggest the removal of the map "slender_perish_b1b"
I don't play slender often, but this map takes a bit to lower a bridge at the start, and you can't go through the map until the bridge is lowered completely. HOWEVER, there has been 2-3 rounds so far where the bridge thingy hasn't even lowered because the bosses came due to us not moving. But we can't move because it hasn't lowered!

I think the map should either be removed, or the bridge thing should be fixed so it's either gone or it comes down sooner. That's just my thought ouo
I agree, that map itself has more invisible walls then you can shake a stick at. The boss spawns are from no one being at the spawn area for them to appear, but it is a little annoying to stick there and see everyone run while whoever is left has to run for their life from the tank/witch.
Last edited by Mr Pail on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sureal
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Mr Pail wrote:
ailoveai wrote:I would like to suggest the removal of the map "slender_perish_b1b"

I agree, that map itself has more invisible walls then you can shake a stick at. The boss spawns are from no one being at the spawn area for them to appear, but it is a little annoying to stick there and see everyone run while whoever is left has to run for their life from the tank/witch.
I agree that the map should be removed, purely on the fact that the bosses spawn within spawn and kills everyone if someone doesn't move for at least 20 seconds. I recommend possibly increasing the speed of the bridge so it's less likely to happen.
Last edited by Dongle on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

So I may be the only one to say that I found perish to be an amazing map because of the crazy spawn and one way road. I dont agree with removing the map if there is a way to fix it that can do the job, but thats coming from a person that loves everything so yeah.

Anyone know if there is a way to prevent bosses from spawning in the spawn? If we could have a radius in which the bosses could not spawn unless outside of it, that could fix the problem in my head...
Last edited by Benstartri on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

Some boss ideas ^_^

1. "Panzer Soldat" from COD Zombies.

2. "Ubermorph" from Dead Space 2

3. "Zombies" from COD Zombies

4. "The Twins" from Outlast

5. "Lisa" from P.T.

6. "The Joker" from Batman Arkham series.

7. "Clickers" from The Last of Us.

8. "Ruvik" from The Evil Within

9. "Shade" from The Evil Within.

10. "Sadist" from The Evil Within.

11. "Big Daddy and Little Sister" from the Bioshock series.

More to come!
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer

Post by ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer »

I have an idea for a slender map.

HOW IT WOULD WORK FOR RED TEAM

All players on red would start on a large platform in the air (they would die if they fell off), it would be pitch black for the first 10 seconds and then it would slowly get brighter until they see whats around them. After they fully see what's around them, they would be able to move and press a lever at the edge of the platform that would move the platform to where they would start, a long walkway platform (similar to the one in The Force Awakens where Han Solo died) that went straight. They would have to walk down the walkway and then they walk past an open door (I'll explain it below). They would then have to collect 10 blue light sabers, which will appear on every reds screen after they pass the open door (I'll explain it more below). After the open door, there would be a HUGE platform and there would be multiple platforms off to the sides that would be reached by a small platform moving between the huge one and the one to each side one. After they collect all 10 blue light sabers, a blue portal would appear on the huge platform and all reds would have a 1:30 timer to escape.

OTHER THINGS TO EXPLAIN

After the reds walk past the open door, Darth Vader would spawn somewhere past the door and he would kill reds when they got touched by him. Darth Vader's field of view for reds wouldn't be too far or too short, it would be enough to see a red on the same platform as he would be on. When he would be near any red, you would hear him, for reference for his sound effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stOjeylx4Fw

After reds pass the open door, on there screen would say "COLLECT 10 BLUE LIGHT SABERS TO ESCAPE, BE CAREFUL" or something like that. The blue light sabers would be about close to the size to a page in most slender maps, also the light sabers would have a blue glow around it so reds can see it when there near it. They can be placed on the platforms, but they would have to be going sort of up.

WILL ADD BLUE TEAM SPAWN DESCRIPTION SOON

It probably makes 0 sense to picture it in your head, which I would understand and it also looks bad to describe it without posting pictures of each thing in it. I will hopefully in 2-3 weeks start a rough draft of the map, but please note that it might not look that good because I'm not an expert in modeling maps but I can give an idea of what the map would look like, the size of the boss, the size of the light sabers, etc.

If you're currently reading this, please know that I will be doing a lot of updating/editing to this, you can check back every now and then for any updates/edits I made.

PICTURES/VISUALS

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/th/1/41/41417.jpg

http://orig14.deviantart.net/3592/f/201 ... 98f5z6.jpg
Last edited by ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 am, edited 13 times in total.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer wrote:I have an idea for a slender map.

HOW IT WOULD WORK FOR RED TEAM

All players on red would start on a large platform in the air (they would die if they fell off), it would be pitch black for the first 10 seconds and then it would slowly get brighter until they see whats around them. After they fully see what's around them, they would be able to move and press a lever at the edge of the platform that would move the platform to where they would start, a long walkway platform (similar to the one in The Force Awakens where Han Solo died) that went straight. They would have to walk down the walkway and then they walk past an open door (I'll explain it below). They would then have to collect 10 blue light sabers, which will appear on every reds screen after they pass the open door (I'll explain it more below). After the open door, there would be a HUGE platform and there would be multiple platforms off to the sides that would be reached by a small platform moving between the huge one and the one to each side one. After they collect all 10 blue light sabers, a blue portal would appear on the huge platform and all reds would have a 1:30 timer to escape.

OTHER THINGS TO EXPLAIN

After the reds walk past the open door, Darth Vader would spawn somewhere past the door and he would kill reds when they got touched by him. Darth Vader's field of view for reds wouldn't be too far or too short, it would be enough to see a red on the same platform as he would be on. When he would be near any red, you would hear him, for reference for his sound effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stOjeylx4Fw

After reds pass the open door, on there screen would say "COLLECT 10 BLUE LIGHT SABERS TO ESCAPE, BE CAREFUL" or something like that. The blue light sabers would be about close to the size to a page in most slender maps, also the light sabers would have a blue glow around it so reds can see it when there near it. They can be placed on the platforms, but they would have to be going sort of up.

WILL ADD BLUE TEAM SPAWN DESCRIPTION SOON

It probably makes 0 sense to picture it in your head, which I would understand and it also looks bad to describe it without posting pictures of each thing in it. I will hopefully in 2-3 weeks start a rough draft of the map, but please note that it might not look that good because I'm not an expert in modeling maps but I can give an idea of what the map would look like, the size of the boss, the size of the light sabers, etc.

If you're currently reading this, please know that I will be doing a lot of updating/editing to this, you can check back every now and then for any updates/edits I made.

PICTURES/VISUALS

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/th/1/41/41417.jpg

http://orig14.deviantart.net/3592/f/201 ... 98f5z6.jpg

As wonderful of an idea this is and how much we appreciate the very well thought out description (well done!) we dont have Darth Vader as a boss on here. Though if we ever did get him it would be something nice to think about. Thanks again for the idea and feel free to share any more suggestions you have for the gamemode here! :mrgreen:
Last edited by King Demomidas on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

ZippyBlitzDitz

Post by ZippyBlitzDitz »

As much as I hate putting this map on the spot, I think I have a proposal to either fix up both of the fnaf maps or completely get rid of them.

First, the first map has it's potential but usually what happens is everyone groups up and dies, there isn't really a way to hide individually due to a lot of players being put into the map at the same time. Also it's really hard to run away from most of those bosses once you are caught, and I am well aware of the "hide away" aspect of that map. Though let's be fair, who does that on a slender map to begin with? It can be a very easy map yes but keep in mind the community behind fnaf has died down since it's "golden age". It's fair to say that this map is not really appreciated as it used to be. I actually witness a lot of times where no one wants to play on it due to the map itself and the aspect of it.

Secondly, frankly every time we got on the second fnaf map it usually resolves around very easy bosses that waist six or more minutes in a map everyone dislikes It's very boring to see plague doctor slowly wobbling towards players when they can just circle around him. Either give the second fnaf map it's original bosses (of course toned down a bit), or completely get rid both of that map as well. What's the point of it being a fnaf map where there's never of an occasion where the fnaf two bosses are there. It's a little goofy don't you think?

Lastly. no one really appreciates them anymore, why bother to keep something everyone dislikes? Plus why would you have the second map and have Trager or any other bosses in the selected boss pack chase you down in a very small limited map? I have little to no idea how the fnaf bosses work, and I'm willing to take time and look into their stats for a proper nerf. Also the first map I've clearly stated, it's just too small and cramp to have around ten or more players on it.
Last edited by ZippyBlitzDitz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.