DeathRun complaints/suggestions

Armen
Veteran

Re: Remove tf2 condition blocks

Post by Armen »

Bear Force Fun wrote:Hi, I have noticed that on the deathrun servers a lot of the tf2 conditions are blocked. With all do respect this is STUPID. Many maps (mabye even half) have broken capabilities, minigames, easter eggs, or are completley broken for certain classes. I understand that conditions may have been taken away because they were being exploited or were op or whatever but, this is short cited and causes more damage than it stops. It is also a bad idea to interfear with map design and basic game abilities. Taking away conditions because some maps are exploitable is like taking all babys from thier mothers because some mothers are incapable (mabye less tragic). I think the better solution for this problem and problems like this is ACCEPT MORE ADMINS. I know a lot of capable people who spend a lot of time on the dr server and im sure they would be good as admins. Anyways thanks for reading I hope you will consider.

P.S Update dr_grizzly and dr_r60d!
We can't just accept admins.
They have to apply and they have to be good applicants.
Last edited by Armen on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bear Force Fun

MEP

Post by Bear Force Fun »

Last edited by Bear Force Fun on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now that's edgy.
Bear Force Fun

Re: DeathRun complaints/suggestions

Post by Bear Force Fun »

Hi, this is sort of a suggestion and sort of a question. I noticed DankMemes420 was banned for exploiting safety first. I just do not understand how getting stuck in the ground gives an unintended advantage. Like I said this is partly a question so correct me if i'm wrong ,but isn't that more of a glitch?
Last edited by Bear Force Fun on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now that's edgy.
Mr Pail
Veteran

Post by Mr Pail »

Bear Force Fun wrote:Hi, this is sort of a suggestion and sort of a question. I noticed DankMemes420 was banned for exploiting safety first. I just do not understand how getting stuck in the ground gives an unintended advantage. Like I said this is partly a question so correct me if i'm wrong ,but isn't that more of a glitch?
If it was unintentional that would work as a plausible excuse, but In danks efforts to purposely get under the elevator to get in that area is considered exploiting. (mind you the teleportation does not work when it that glitch and can give an unfair advantage to red)
Last edited by Mr Pail on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sureal
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Mr Pail wrote:
Bear Force Fun wrote:Hi, this is sort of a suggestion and sort of a question. I noticed DankMemes420 was banned for exploiting safety first. I just do not understand how getting stuck in the ground gives an unintended advantage. Like I said this is partly a question so correct me if i'm wrong ,but isn't that more of a glitch?
If it was unintentional that would work as a plausible excuse, but In danks efforts to purposely get under the elevator to get in that area is considered exploiting. (mind you the teleportation does not work when it that glitch and can give an unfair advantage to red)
What Pail said. There are plenty of people who purposely get themselves stuck under the elevator and they don't get teleported which can delay the game if they're the last one alive. However the ban wouldn't be issued if it were on accident.
Last edited by Dongle on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
bijuu

Post by bijuu »

Quick suggestion: On dr_wintervalley scouts can jump over the first gap resulting in avoiding the first trap completely, which is considered exploiting. Simply adding an invisible wall or a kill wall for that matter, could easily solve the problem.

Obviously it's not a priority, but still an issue nevertheless.
Spoiler
Totally my idea and not AgentApple's :^)
Last edited by bijuu on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

bijuu wrote:Quick suggestion: On dr_wintervalley scouts can jump over the first gap resulting in avoiding the first trap completely, which is considered exploiting. Simply adding an invisible wall or a kill wall for that matter, could easily solve the problem.

Spoiler
This is an issue we've been dealing with for the last two years, but never has been done. Find someone to fix it and we'll update the map.
Last edited by Dongle on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Remove tf2 condition blocks

Post by Mitch »

Bear Force Fun wrote:Hi, I have noticed that on the deathrun servers a lot of the tf2 conditions are blocked. With all do respect this is STUPID. Many maps (mabye even half) have broken capabilities, minigames, easter eggs, or are completley broken for certain classes. I understand that conditions may have been taken away because they were being exploited or were op or whatever but, this is short cited and causes more damage than it stops. It is also a bad idea to interfear with map design and basic game abilities. Taking away conditions because some maps are exploitable is like taking all babys from thier mothers because some mothers are incapable (mabye less tragic). I think the better solution for this problem and problems like this is ACCEPT MORE ADMINS. I know a lot of capable people who spend a lot of time on the dr server and im sure they would be good as admins. Anyways thanks for reading I hope you will consider.

P.S Update dr_grizzly and dr_r60d!
I didn't see this until now, but we currently whitelist conditions, due to a few of them being used by trolls.
If you know of a condition that should be unblocked then I can add it. The newest version of Deathrun I allowed the Karts condition which fixed a few map's minigames.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bijuu

Post by bijuu »

Dongle wrote:
bijuu wrote:Quick suggestion: On dr_wintervalley scouts can jump over the first gap resulting in avoiding the first trap completely, which is considered exploiting. Simply adding an invisible wall or a kill wall for that matter, could easily solve the problem.

Spoiler
This is an issue we've been dealing with for the last two years, but never has been done. Find someone to fix it and we'll update the map.
I've been getting into Hammer recently, so I might actually do it myself. Still on the basics though so it might take a bit.
Last edited by bijuu on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

bijuu wrote:I've been getting into Hammer recently, so I might actually do it myself. Still on the basics though so it might take a bit.
I'll work on getting the .vmf for you. Actually getting the map file is the biggest hurdle in the process; if you try to extract a .vmf from the .bsp with something like vmex, you'll either have stuff missing or the file won't load in hammer at all. The best solution is to try to contact the map creator.
Last edited by Schtolteheim on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Name's Schtolteheim Reinbach V. I sacrifice at the chance doors so you don't have to.