Dodgeball Suggestions Thread v2.0

Fire
Owner

Re: Dodgeball Suggestions Thread v2.0

Post by Fire »

Mr.Cat wrote:montreal wasn't removed

should probably also go ahead and change the server name to intox dodgeball 2.0 given the trash that floods the server mostly comes from there
Don't appreciate your comment.
Last edited by Fire on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

DB community was always a little bit on the toxic side.
Mr.Cat wrote:should probably also go ahead and change the server name to intox dodgeball 2.0 given the trash that floods the server mostly comes from there
Please be respectful on the forums. These servers are provided to you at no cost and are meant for you to enjoy.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Banshee

Post by Banshee »

I also don't think montreal was that bad. And a lot of the maps that were on the list to be removed I was completely fine with.
Last edited by Banshee on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dodgeball
Trade #1
Trade #2
Trade #3

Click on the picture to go to my profile!
Satan wrote:Small but good, like my penis.
Ibuix wrote:You're a real life saver. A nigga, if you will
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Been awhile but added an issue with rocket bounce.

Map remove/add lists are not yet updated. I haven't had time to check up on those.
Last edited by goinundercover on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Xyn

Post by Xyn »

On the topic of the rocket bounce issue.. it's almost a coin toss on if it'll bounce at all on a freshly spawned rocket or simply explode on first contact.

Until a proper fix has been found, perhaps consider going to no bounce?

If anything it would give DB players some consistency in mechanics.
Last edited by Xyn on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomrocks1

Post by doomrocks1 »

So i was thinking... could we be other classes? You could do this like randomizer and give the other classes a flamethrower. Also modify speed so scouts don't outrun the rocket. This is just kind of for the looks but i really like the idea of being a spy with a flamethrower. XD
Last edited by doomrocks1 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steam: Malistaire Drake
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

doomrocks1 wrote:So i was thinking... could we be other classes? You could do this like randomizer and give the other classes a flamethrower. Also modify speed so scouts don't outrun the rocket. This is just kind of for the looks but i really like the idea of being a spy with a flamethrower. XD
A few problems with this, is that other classes have different health values, and its a bit of a pain in the ass to balance all that. Plus, you wouldnt be able to see a spy with a flamethrower, as spy doesnt have the animations for it, so he would just T-pose. Decent idea in theory, not much point in practice.
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

SakuraTheBabyfur wrote:
doomrocks1 wrote:So i was thinking... could we be other classes? You could do this like randomizer and give the other classes a flamethrower. Also modify speed so scouts don't outrun the rocket. This is just kind of for the looks but i really like the idea of being a spy with a flamethrower. XD
A few problems with this, is that other classes have different health values, and its a bit of a pain in the ass to balance all that. Plus, you wouldnt be able to see a spy with a flamethrower, as spy doesnt have the animations for it, so he would just T-pose. Decent idea in theory, not much point in practice.
There are servers that have this. All classes get the animation and have health adjusted by their weapon (as far as I know). As far as making it practical, I don't know, but it is a good idea.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
doomrocks1

Post by doomrocks1 »

SakuraTheBabyfur wrote:
Again, on most randomizers you can see the weapon even if its on the wrong class. Like a flamethrower on a spy. I'm not so sure about editing health but i can see it being able to happen (Freak Fortress 2 Bosses, RTD low health roll, etc.).
Last edited by doomrocks1 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Steam: Malistaire Drake
Almond

Post by Almond »

I forgot to mention this before, but here I am mentioning it. I know Fire changed this when the DB admins requested it, but the respawn/round restart time is back to 15 seconds. I remember that it was updated to 5 seconds, and I think that after the server restarted it came back to 15 seconds. I don't really know what happened, but something changed it back.
Could someone please address this issue? It really takes up a lot of time from each map. We could get a good 6-7 rounds if the round restart time was reduced.

Also, have there been any attempts to possibly add some extra features that were previously mentioned? (Speed rocket or Juggernaut)
A lot of very good and friendly players are just leaving DB because they get bored of it. I understand that the DB server isn't as important as the other servers (PH, FF, PL, etc), but it would be highly appreciated if a little bit of extra attention was given to the DB server. Some minor, yet fun, changes can and will help a lot.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Almond on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Almond