Freak Fortress Suggestion: Flying Guillotine Crits?

Mr Pockets

Freak Fortress Suggestion: Flying Guillotine Crits?

Post by Mr Pockets »

A lot of pistols for Scout get mini crit, this is fair since he can spam it at a range and do some decent damage with little risk of getting rage killed. The engineer gets full on crits with his pistol due to his lack of speed and mobility, and this makes it quite fair since most engi's use a RR to keep that godly sentry up. But, The Flying Guillotine for some reason is left out of this. Unless you stun the boss, this weapon (which has an extremely high skill cap compared to the pistol) wont do nearly as much. That and with the increased speed, most bosses can dodge these little buggers easily.
But when you hit, it feels great. crit or no. the sound, the effect... just not the damage.

With scout being a limited class, the cleaver having a cooldown between firing which will easily even it out with the pistol, I make the official reuqest here: Can we make the Guillotine have crits for VSH mode? It'll get used more and its honestly a ton of fun. I feel it'd actually gain a place in the loadout for VSH if it had that crit effect to all hits.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
High Damage
Bleed effect to help against invis if used properly

Cons:
Easy to Dodge
Hard to Use
Much more limited range than pistol
Must Recharge

Thank you guys very much for reading,
Love
Mr. Pockets
Last edited by Mr Pockets on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No, I'm not the Scout Voice Actor.
AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Re: Freak Fortress Suggestion: Flying Guillotine Crits?

Post by AC/DC Freak »

I dont think its really neccessary, the bleed damage seems fair enough to me. but thats just me.
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

Comparing a cleaver to the pistol as scout, 4 hits will equal and outdamage the cleaver+bleed, since the pistol Mini-Crits. With a decent shot, even i can catch 7-9 hits at range in a clip. There's few maps where there is no good ammo, so the pistol wins it on damage for that reason. The cleaver is widely unused, especially without the sandman. and i think thats the reason. The damage loses out in comparison to the utility and damage scout can get from his other weapons. I do see that this mod has tried to diversify a large weaponset to counter bosses, making some of them more than just damage and healing. I like that ideal.
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm comparing the two here in my mind. the pistol gets mini-crits, but more good ability to hit the boss since theyre usually larger than average.

But for the knife, its harder to hit with, AND does less damage. overall it loses out. If it were critted it'd deal more, yes. but, to make any good hit a scout would have to pull into a danger zone closer to the boss,making them decently vulnerable for a brief time. so its kinda a blessing and a curse in that right i feel.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

When most bosses move around at scout speed or faster and have super jumps etc, an arc style weapon isn't exactly easy to hit with.

The Guillotine deserves these crits and/or a faster recharge rate, I think.
Last edited by Hylie on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

A small buff sounds reasonable. I'll bring this up to Fire. Thanks for your suggestion.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

Question, not to necro, but did anything ever come of this?
iSH

Post by iSH »

Hylie wrote:When most bosses move around at scout speed or faster and have super jumps etc, an arc style weapon isn't exactly easy to hit with.

This is so true how ever lets not make it a easy 250 damage that regenerates every ten seconds. At least with the pistol you need to pick up ammo boxes to use it. Hoping for a buff but also hoping for a balanced buff.
Last edited by iSH on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Sedan wrote:iSH has a better chance of getting laid then getting admin.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

iSH wrote:
Hylie wrote:When most bosses move around at scout speed or faster and have super jumps etc, an arc style weapon isn't exactly easy to hit with.

This is so true how ever lets not make it a easy 250 damage that regenerates every ten seconds. At least with the pistol you need to pick up ammo boxes to use it. Hoping for a buff but also hoping for a balanced buff.
A critical flying guillotine does 204 damage maximum [ 150 critical hit + 54 minicrit bleed ], and even then it's not a hitscan weapon like the pistol. Even if you could land every cleaver, using tauntcrits and your pistol would output a higher DPS.
Last edited by Hylie on Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

yes please. this buff will be perfect. i want to be able to use my cleaver and not hinder the team!
Last edited by Mr Pockets on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.