Tying up loose ends [Prophunt]

Marshii

Tying up loose ends [Prophunt]

Post by Marshii »

Hello,

There is not a lot that I dislike more than unfinished work.

After the happenings at the end of last year I have taken the decision to phase out my participation in prophunt which I have more or less completed.

However I was working on a map that I started many many months ago and want to see if there is still demand or curiosity for new ph maps.

If it turns out that a new map would be desired, then I would work to finish what I have started, and make this map my 'swan-song' to prophunt as it were.
Yet if I would be wasting my time and effort, then I'd rather know sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Marshii.
Last edited by Marshii on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Re: Tying up loose ends [Prophunt]

Post by Abraham »

In my opinion, new maps are always welcome. Playing through the same maps over and over again is what eventually makes the game boring and not so fun to play.
ImageImageImage
Kari
Veteran

Post by Kari »

As stated above, new maps are always more than welcome. If you want to finish it is ultimately up to you, but we would love to have it if you decide to do so ^^
Image Image
Marshii

Post by Marshii »

Hmm, I'll think about it, but no promises.
Last edited by Marshii on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cam

Post by Cam »

We definitely need new maps in the ph lineup and i would really like to see you finish the map.
Last edited by Cam on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marshii

Post by Marshii »

You've had skyrail for a few weeks now.

What're people's thoughts on it?

Common things I've seen and my immediate replies are below;

1. It's overplayed
~~~ Not my problem, and there are other maps that are played far more regualrly.
2. Too big
~~~ I've heard from some people that it plays really well with 6-8 people on the server. Plus objectively speaking, its size is comparable to some of the smaller maps on the rotation.
3. Middle area is too open
~~~ This is an interesting point and I'm aware of it. My rationale in the middle area was to leave it empty because of the layout of the rest of the map. There's already a lot of health-packs elsewhere on the map and I've designed the map in such a way that runners have a lot of opportunities to get away from those chasing them. I'm reluctant to add any more 'clutter' to the middle area as imo it doesn't add anything other than 'more things to check' and will probably lead to the criticism "Too much prop-spam"
4. Props OP
~~~ Play the map enough, learn the routes and where runners are likely to go and/or hide to begin with and you'll find that hunters have quite a nice time there too.
5. I get stuck in things
~~~ I'm aware of this and have attempted a couple of alternative routes to sort things out which ultimately created more problems than they solved, so for the time being how it is at the moment is the most playable that I can offer.
6. Music Button pl0x
~~~ *Points to YouTube / Spotify* (I do have a track I think would suit the map well, but we'll see)

Discuss.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Please try avoid necroposting. Make a new thread.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Please try avoid necroposting. Make a new thread.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.