Deadringer spies & last person alive not doing damage

xwasp

Deadringer spies & last person alive not doing damage

Post by xwasp »

Could you do something about dead ringers on the server, like make it to where a spy can only deadring so many times before it doesn't work anymore? It gets annoying when the last person alive is a deadringer spy not doing damage (or anyone alive last not doing damage. The worst offenders of this are scouts, engineers, snipers, and spies). Maybe the boss would get some rage as the 2 minute timer goes down or something?
I am lazier than stale bread with arms!
Serena
Veteran

Re: Deadringer spies & last person alive not doing damage

Post by Serena »

The deadringer has been nerfed for FF2 already, I don't think people would be too happy about this happening. And spies doing this specifically with no damage and are just stalling the round are being useless. It doesn't happen as often as it used to, as not many spies use the deadringer anymore. I think this just needs to be handled case by case. If you find a person that is being useless/stalling/etc, report it to an admin and they will handle it. I really don't see Fire changing the deadringer anymore than he has, though.
Angel Ambrosius
Server Admin

Post by Angel Ambrosius »

I'm guessing you mean Freak Fortress or VSH. There's already rules about people being useless and not doing damage, but I see no reason why there should be anything done about the Dead Ringer. It adds challenge to the game. Yes, DR spies can be slippery and avoid death for a while, but if you can corner them, cover the health kits and ammo packs, or simply pursue the spy for long enough you can catch them and kill them. I've played plenty of rounds as hale and generally done well against DR spies. It supposed to be used as an advantage against the hale to try and defeat them, so of course they're going to use it as much as possible.
Last edited by Angel Ambrosius on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Spookleton wrote:
Fire wrote:Don't remember you sorry.
He must've been a previous Admin, then.
xwasp

Post by xwasp »

Angel Ambrosius wrote:I'm guessing you mean Freak Fortress or VSH. There's already rules about people being useless and not doing damage, but I see no reason why there should be anything done about the Dead Ringer. It adds challenge to the game. Yes, DR spies can be slippery and avoid death for a while, but if you can corner them, cover the health kits and ammo packs, or simply pursue the spy for long enough you can catch them and kill them. I've played plenty of rounds as hale and generally done well against DR spies. It supposed to be used as an advantage against the hale to try and defeat them, so of course they're going to use it as much as possible.
I still think the Hale should get something when one person is left alive to avoid round stalling
Last edited by xwasp on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am lazier than stale bread with arms!
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

If someone is stalling the round maybe you should use the report system? admins can't help you if you don't ask for help.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I agree with what lewanda said. Plus recording a demo of the staller is near-perfect proof. I highly suggest getting P-REC, and binding a key to prec_record as it will help you so much in the moderation of stallers.
This is goodbye.