Reverse the Gabe Newell Model change on FF2

Hylie

Reverse the Gabe Newell Model change on FF2

Post by Hylie »

Noticed a lot of regulars dislike the change. Decided to post the suggest here.
Friend of mine fixed the missing hair texture on the old model if we need to do that.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Re: Reverse the Gabe Newell Model change on FF2

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

i hate the new model so much. please bring back old gaben!!!!!!!! the new one is just awful.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Visprii
Veteran

Post by Visprii »

As much as I think the new Gabe model is ugly af, the new model looks a lot more like Gabe Newell then the old one. The old one was basically just a Heavy in gray clothing with long hair.
--------------
SMURFASAURUS wrote: Alberta? You're proud of living in a province that's named after a 40 year old Mexican Housekeeper?
Angel Ambrosius
Server Admin

Post by Angel Ambrosius »

I like the new one :c
Last edited by Angel Ambrosius on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Spookleton wrote:
Fire wrote:Don't remember you sorry.
He must've been a previous Admin, then.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

This new model looks like everything but Gabe and I feel like this stopped players from playing Gabe Newell. Reversing the model and fixing the missing textures would be nice.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

1st Not a fan of the new model, But it is sorta growing on me.

2nd People hate change, give it some time and no one will care which model it is.

3rd Some one had to put in some work to make the changes, Why be so rude as to tell them their work was for nothing!!!!

4th And final. Gaben works just the same as before, so what really is the problem besides aesthetics?
McKon
Veteran
Location: The Netherlands, North-Brabant, Dongen, Oranjeplein 53

Post by McKon »

I'm with Dark on this one, let's give it a couple months before we make changes.
-McKon
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

No one did any work for us personally to make the change besides myself having to edit the config file. I could care less which model we use, the only reason I changed it is the old model was messed up with missing textures. If someone has a fix for the old model and the majority of people want the old model back I have 0 issues with changing it again. Let me know.
ImageImage
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Fire wrote:No one did any work for us personally to make the change besides myself having to edit the config file. I could care less which model we use, the only reason I changed it is the old model was messed up with missing textures. If someone has a fix for the old model and the majority of people want the old model back I have 0 issues with changing it again. Let me know.

Fire this is what I had meant to say, that you had to do the work to change it to that model.