Boss teleport stun-time

Drewski
Veteran

Boss teleport stun-time

Post by Drewski »

Alright so when playing as a hale in Freak fortress that has a teleportation power, would it be possible to shorten the time the hale is stunned to 2 seconds? I Have not timed it myself but I it feels like the hale is stunned for like 4-5 seconds. it can be very annoying when getting teleported to an annoying scout and them getting away as a result of the stun time. I Know people who play Engi on FF will hate me for also asking this but can we also limit how many times a hale is stunned by the short circuit? I too love to play engi and using the short cirut but I also know the feeling of getting stunned over and over again. Let's come up with a system where a hale can only get stunned 4 times in a entire round then after that he will just get the standard damage that comes with the stun, 20.

Thank you for reading.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Visprii
Veteran

Re: Boss teleport stun-time

Post by Visprii »

Whoops, I didn't see that you were talking about the Boss teleporting stun, sorry.

Basically the reason why it's 4-5 seconds long is because if the hale was camping or stalling and the stun would be shorter they could easily pick off people 1 by 1 and go back to hiding and ending up winning the round because of it. Bosses with rage usually get a uber or stun when they rage which makes up for the long stun they have so it balances. Now for the Short Circuit it takes 50 metal to stun the hale with already, which gives the engineers only a few seconds to get away. People know engineers are annoying, so they generally gun for them at the beginning of the round, they should have at least some sort of protection. There are only 4 engineers max and some of them don't use the Short Circuit, so I believe having unlimited stunning is fine. Another thing is the Short Circuit has gone through a lot of nerfs already, I don't think Fire wants to change it again.
Last edited by Visprii on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
--------------
SMURFASAURUS wrote: Alberta? You're proud of living in a province that's named after a 40 year old Mexican Housekeeper?
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

The way I fix this is building up my rage and the moment I teleport I use it :) I'm usually wobbufet or mewtwo though.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Getting only 4-5 seconds to try to wiggle out of a boss' hitbox and escape feels like too little as is...
For the teleports that make you stuck inside a boss when he teleports to you, only two seconds would barely give you time to do much. If they made it so you were guaranteed to not be stuck inside the boss and easily walk out of it as it does in the later half of the round, all the time, maybe the wait could be shortened. Even then, two seconds is kind of a quick reaction time, especially if you're a class not prepared to adjust to the situation so you don't die.

The Short Circuit's already been nerfed to hell, dude. The fact that Ryu and all heavy bosses are immune to it is enough, and there's always single raging, capping, and too many other ways to end a Short Circuit Engie's life. I wouldn't mind another nerf for the Short Circuit if it actually stunned heavy bosses (since stunhitting for heavy bosses technically shouldn't be a thing, so that Ryu would be the only immune boss because he was meant to have stun immunity).

TL;DR, a shorter teleport stun would give more easy kills, and the short circuit could use a debuff if it was fixed to work properly against heavy bosses.