[Deathrun] Allow Hale to Suicide

AgentApple50

[Deathrun] Allow Hale to Suicide

Post by AgentApple50 »

So in the deathrun server, there have been several situations where something would glitch and prevent the round from completing such as a humiliation not killing the hale completely. So I propose giving the hale the ability to suicide as this would help prevent round delay greatly. Please let me know what you think, thanks.
Dubstab
Veteran

Re: [Deathrun] Allow Hale to Suicide

Post by Dubstab »

The reason it was removed was due to the fact that 50% of the time spent in a map was a hale killing himself. Along with the removal of suiciding we implented the "I do not want to be Death" option.

Even though I can see where you're coming frome, I do feel like we need to fix these maps instead of fixing the hale.
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

We could do what we did with FF and have it ask the person when they join if they want to be death with the option to never be death as well. We could then allow them to suicide if a glitch happens like Apple mentioned. We would have a lot less people suiciding when they don't want to be death if they're given the option right in front of them when they join. I noticed the difference in FF tremendously.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I'm not fond of the idea because of what Dubstab said, but I like Serena's idea. Instead of admins having to actually tell people how to disable it, maybe we could add a plugin that asks if you want to be hale or gives a round notice saying they're going to be Hale soon.
ImageImage
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Post by Deity of the Mask »

Dongle wrote:I'm not fond of the idea because of what Dubstab said, but I like Serena's idea.
Last edited by Deity of the Mask on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I can add a notice on the round before telling the next Death, however most of the time this message will be buried with all the other chat messages.
I could also add what Serena stated, a menu that popups and asks if the user would want to be death.
If there are issues with maps not killing the hale I can implement some kind of method that kills death instantly if they take damage from the world if it's greater than 300.
Also I'm not sure if we would want to allow the kill command, or atleast make it so Death cannot kill himself within the first minute or 2 into the round. iirc I had already put in placements for getting a new Death if the death leaves the game during the freeze time.
Bear Force Fun

Post by Bear Force Fun »

Hales can suicide anyway by just typing spectate in console so its kind of useless.
Now that's edgy.
halloweeniez

Post by halloweeniez »

Bear Force Fun wrote:Hales can suicide anyway by just typing spectate in console so its kind of useless.
Thing is you're not supposed to be in spectate lol
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.