Freak Fortress RTD?

Dubstab
Veteran

Freak Fortress RTD?

Post by Dubstab »

Okay. So there seems to be a kind of new system of RTD, or at least new effects.
I've been trying to find changes in the changelog, where I couldn't find it. I've also looked on google for the new RTD system and effects that it provides, which I couldn't find either.

I noticed some things are pretty bad:
- Explode + Fireworks + Necro Smash = All the same intention. Triples the chance to instantly die.
- Lucky Sandvich + Vital = Both the same intention. Doubles the chance of surviving one or 2 hits extra.
- Fire Timebomb + Timebomb = Both the same intention, however Fire timebomb gives fire instead.
- Toxic = Worthless (in Freak Fortress). 20 damage per.. half(?) second.. Is not worth the risk you took to roll the dice.
- Deadly voice: Needs either a buff or removal + if it needs to do a pushback, that doesn't work.
- Team criticals + Criticals = Both the same intention, but Team criticals gives crits to teammates as well.
- All effects also stopped showing the time you have your effect IN CHAT, to show other teammates how long someone has the effect.
- Timebomb doesn't show you the time you've left to survive.

EDIT 1: Added Timebombs.
EDIT 2: Added Deadly voice, (Team) criticals, Effects stopped displaying time left in chat, Timebomb stopped displaying time + Added credits to Nanotech.
EDIT 3: Added edit version. (Forgot.)
EDIT 4: Added Necro Smash.

Credits to: Nanotech49
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Angel Ambrosius
Server Admin

Re: Freak Fortress RTD?

Post by Angel Ambrosius »

But that's exactly what RTD is, a gamble. You could get something awesome, such as godmode, power play, instant sentry, powerful hits, etc, some stuff that doesn't really do anything, or a negative effect. I like the new rtd system. Makes things more interesting.
Last edited by Angel Ambrosius on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Spookleton wrote:
Fire wrote:Don't remember you sorry.
He must've been a previous Admin, then.
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

I can agree with Angel on it being meant to be a gamble. But having several of (basically) the same rolls just doesn't seem necessary, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

As Sir Spookleton mentioned: I completely understand it is supposed to be a gamble. Not questioning that. But some effects being there double.. Isn't necessary at all, in my opinion either.

Massive update as well, btw.
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McKon
Veteran
Location: The Netherlands, North-Brabant, Dongen, Oranjeplein 53

Post by McKon »

That the effects are double doesn't really bother me, as long as the chance to get something good against something bad stays the same.

The only thing I would like to see changed is that the time is removed as Dubstab mentioned. Having to gamble how long it lasts on a gable command would be a little too much and confusing for new players. I would like that to be fixed as I think this is a bug.

I don't really use it, but it should still stay fair.
Last edited by McKon on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-McKon
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Explode and Firework, one of them definitely needs to be removed. Probably explode because it's more boring. Seeing not all RTDs guarantee invincibility (Ash can cut through PowerPlay, One Punch Man can cut through both), none of them should guarantee death, either. I'd like to remove them both if I could, and if not, make either Godmode or PowerPlay actually save you from One Punch Man. Keeping the old Timebomb means we have three guaranteed death rolls and two sort-of-guaranteed invincibility rolls, making RTD now balanced towards negative rolls. I'd prefer it to be balanced evenly, but that's just me.

Vital is different from Lucky Sandvich. During the duration of Vital, your max health is buffed. You're not overhealed to 500 during Vital. Your HP is changed to 500 during Vital. After Vital finishes, it returns your HP to your class normal and the rest of the HP becomes an overheal. This means that you can pick up health packs or get healed during the duration of Vital, should you take a hit or two. (Also Vital can't save you from a boss crit. Lucky Sandvich can.)

Fire Timebomb isn't a guaranteed death if you reach a source of HP, so it differs from Timebomb.

Deadly Voice is useful for checking for a cloaked boss, otherwise it's kind of weak, agree there.

Team Criticals is vastly more powerful than Criticals and can create a team push.

I'd agree with removing dupe RTD effects if we removed them all evenly.

Most effects last 25 seconds, with the exceptions of ones that end sooner for obvious reasons. Either way, chat timers should probably be restored for good measure, and as for Timebomb, you can kinda learn the timing, but I'd prefer the timer back too.
Last edited by Hylie on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

Here is the RTD thread. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=278579

Scroll down to the perks section and you can find a list there.

28 Good/Positive Effects

28 Bad/Negative Effects
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

AgentApple50 wrote:Here is the RTD thread. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=278579
I've been on that thread.. However, I didn't see the perk list. Thanks! :)

Okay. Well.. I'll add Necro Smash to Explode and Fireworks as well, then.

However.. I just feel like something needs to be done...
Last edited by Dubstab on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Not FF2, but uhrm.. Yah.
Spoiler
1.0.85(11/13/2015)
Fixed issue with RTD not removing unusual effects while invisible on all servers that have RTD

Sir Spookleton is able to testify that he still saw me due to my unusual effect.
Spoiler
Last edited by Dubstab on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.