[Dodgeball] Problems with Admins

snipernoob

[Dodgeball] Problems with Admins

Post by snipernoob »

A few of the admins on the Dodgeball server have become a huge problem over the last few months and have contributed to the constant toxicity there. I’ll go into further detail about them individually. Please read this post before labeling it as “whining” and immediately discarding it. Before I start complaining though, I will say that Meoww, Jasmine, and (usually) Froot are all doing a good job, so this post is completely unrelated to them.

Money: On the whole, Money is actually a good admin. Unlike others who will be mentioned, he’s usually very level-headed and handles situations well. My only issue with him is the way he addresses the rules on the server. Everyone knows the rule about not using slurs or bigotry on the server, but for whatever reason Money doesn’t seem to care that it exists. For most of the regulars on the server, no one actually cares about this. The problem is when newer players come to the server and experience inconsistencies in the way the rules are handled. If someone new comes on the server while Money is there and starts calling people “fags,” Money won’t ban him so the player will think this is acceptable behavior. However, the next time he’s playing and a different admin is present, they will almost certainly ban him for using the slurs even though he did not receive any punishment previously. This inconsistency is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but it’s unfair to the players on the server and should be addressed. Money tends to occasionally issue unfair bans as well. Today a player (k45k) was first gagged by Tornado for “being toxic” (ask anyone who was on the server at the time how ridiculous that gag was). After being ungagged, Money connected and then immediately regagged him for a day again for “being toxic.” k45k hadn’t spoken once since being ungagged by Tornado, but Money just gagged him and said “that’s better” and that “if he wants to dispute it he may post on the forums.” After being asked why k45k was gagged he simply said “if he wants to dispute it he may post on the forums.” Sounds similar to “I gagged him because I felt like it.” Even Froot (who has his own list of unjustified bans) said he didn’t do anything.

Tornado: By far, the biggest problem on the server is Tornado. I don’t know who thought giving him trial admin was a good idea, but they should seriously reconsider. He not only admins with ridiculous partiality and unfairness, but contributes huge amounts of toxicity to an already-hostile server. Rather than trying to keep the situation under control, he just openly says things like “shut the fuck up, you don’t know what you’re talking about” or “you’re the most toxic person on the server.” He and his posse of equally obnoxious players (Anix, kookie, etc.) are assholes to everyone they disagree with on the server, but only those who respond to them receive punishment. Anyone who regularly plays on the server will tell you Anix and kookie are just as toxic as anyone else, but they’ll never be silenced because they’re Tornado’s friends. Rather than punishing people who break rules, Tornado baits people into arguments and then silences them when he decides they’re being “too mean” or “toxic.” He will stretch the rules to fit whatever agenda he has, and then ban people and say they’re breaking his newly created rule. This past week during PVB mode he threatened to ban a player for stealing rockets because he said it was a form of “teamkilling.” Not only is this ridiculous and not even in the rules, but during that same round Tornado himself was stealing rockets attempting to redirect them to the stealing player to kill him as some sort of revenge tactic. I and many other players continuously call him out when we see him doing things like this (which is every day at this point), but rather than responding reasonably he just tells us to shut up or calls us toxic. A good admin should deescalate a situation, not turn it into a name-calling match. These are just a few recent incidents I remember well enough to post about, but these types of things happen almost every day.

This is juvenile and unprofessional behavior for an admin, and the senior staff here should seriously consider stripping him of his powers. He needs to learn how to be an admin before you give him his powers, and right now he has clearly demonstrated he has no idea what he’s doing. As a senior admin at FirePowered, I can tell you this type of behavior would not fly and we would have demoted him long ago. Panda was wise enough to decline his application, I think they’re happy with their decision.
Last edited by snipernoob on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
snipernoob

Re: [Dodgeball] Problems with Admins

Post by snipernoob »

I'll also add that Tornado doesn't seem to be too loyal or committed to being an admin on Disc. He not only applied on Panda as discussed above, but also here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eliteg ... 689673604/
Last edited by snipernoob on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
k45k

Post by k45k »

This is ridicilous first off getting muted for "Starting shit" as tornado would say. I would like to say the first problem that started everything is tornado getting on the server, dying by me, and saying "K45k is a shit player who can only ds" and when I called him immature he said "I am obviously more matture than you." Earlier that day he got on and said to Jasmine in public chat "That they needed to talk and he was sorry." (Btw jasmine is chill af she did nothing wrong he started it) Jasmine responded saying "She is not in the mood to deal with drama." When they were saying stuff back and forth that were clearly passive aggressive I then suggested ways to solve the problem because admins shouldn't be in dispute on a server they need to be working together on they both barked at me for "butting in to a conversation that is none of your business." I then said "if you dont want people butting in then you should keep the stuff private." Tornado argued she was offline and blah blah blah making a scene and starting shit to which then players started calling him a shitty admin. Go ahead and say I "Started shit" when you did. Second off, after gagging me without warning for "Toxicity" after telling people to "Shut the fuck up" because that clearly lightens up the mood right? I was gagged for 60 minutes along with sniper and one other player. After Tornado coming back in 5 minutes to ungag us because he realized it was bs he said he "Couldn't ungag and that it wasnt working and I would have to wait out the 60 minutes." After the gag was over he then told me to check because he "Fixed it" after I waited above an hour. After that I only said two things, one being "You didnt fix anything I was already ungagged" and "Tornado applied for admin on panda : ^)." the reason i pointed that out because while I was done being gagged he was discussing with multiple players over voice chat that they could raid panda by setting up a bunch of weird letters in our accounts and stealing rockets because it would be hard for admins to ban us. That first off is extremely unprofessional and should not be allowed coming from an admin. Not to mention that he doesnt follow the rules he set up on his application :). Overall, Tornado is an abusive admin with no proof, and the fact that money muted me for 24 hours with absolutely no reasoning and I have another admin who went over the chat log for proof and agrees was complete bullshit. So there's my "Complaint" about your bullshit mute money
Tornado123

Post by Tornado123 »

Also read the date on the when you click on the link, then look at my app on disc ff, I apply for admin on panda but got rejected for not being on the server, I then played a lot more on disc then apply later with meoww referral, It is kind of funny, You harass every one on the server then when i told you to stop you then started harssing me, i then gag you for 1 hour. Ultra is the other one you taked to her before making this, Trust me no need to lie, All she does is scream on the mic and tells people to fuck off. MoneyKidKing: They were being extremely disrespectful, and ignoring admins. that is what money said when he was talking about you and K45K, you have many warnings on the server by not just me but money as well, and meoww before she resign. First off anix, just mute people he does like deal with it, and Kookie was calling you out for your rather rudness on the server. https://disc-ff.gameme.com/player_histories/chat/582202 i looked at your chats, You have nothing nice to say to anyone. If you feel that way maybe you should not disrespect the admins or ignore any of them, Cause that is all you do. Then you go on to harass people, For what, Fun? I think you are a lier and i think you do not like the fact that i gag you when you were being toxic. I will not say no more i do not want this to be a flame war.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

I would just like to point out that racial slurs and bigotry like "faggot" is allowed on every server but freak fortress, as long as it's not directed at any person or group specifically.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
k45k

Post by k45k »

TORNADO THAT WASNT EVEN ME ROFL
k45k

Post by k45k »

Tornado, you just took another players words and said they were mine, absolutely ridicilous please.
Danel

Post by Danel »

I witnessed this and while ultra may have been toxic and shouting, k45k barely did anything and sniper did nothing, he was just saying what he thought was right. At most you could argue k45k deserved a five minute gag, not a 60 minute one you you almost immediately realised was wrong and tried to undo, then saying it was meant to be a "warning". Sniper, however, did not deserve anything. He was one of the people speaking the least about what you were doing, when compared to the others, yet you gagged him and not the others. I think that this comes down to personal feelings coming before fairness and being professional on the server.
snipernoob

Post by snipernoob »

White Sedan wrote:I would just like to point out that racial slurs and bigotry like "faggot" is allowed on every server but freak fortress, as long as it's not directed at any person or group specifically.
Ah I see, that makes sense. If that's the case then I would suggest wording it like that in the rules, because it's hard to tell exactly what is/isn't allowed.
Last edited by snipernoob on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

I understand this post does not concern me but I think my input is fine.
All admins you posted here do there job well Tornado and Money are two of my favorite admins to the disc-ff community
one day I will meet Gaben