[Deathrun] Yaybread Music Easter Egg

Deity of the Mask
Veteran

[Deathrun] Yaybread Music Easter Egg

Post by Deity of the Mask »

So if anyone has been on the Deathrun server, atleast 3 times a day, the map would be changed to Yaybread. In Yaybread there is an easter egg which allows the players to activate a song from Barney the Dinosaur named Pumpernickle Bread. Yes I know you can just do snd_restart to stop the music, but the problem is the map is easily rushable so the song can very be played again in the time it takes for you to activate the music.

It is an insanely broken map with multiple exploitable areas. People have already admitted they only nominate the map so they can annoy other players by spamming the song. Once people even see Yaybread on the server list, they end up leaving because they dont want to deal with kids repeatedly activating the song.

Therefore, i propose a vote; Add a kill wall to the Easter Egg? or not?
Last edited by Deity of the Mask on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer

Re: [Deathrun] Yaybread Music Easter Egg

Post by ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer »

Yeah .. I was just on the yaybread map with deity and a bunch of other people.

The whole map people were playing the song (good times) and quite a few people on the server (including me) were putting the song lyrics in chat while it was playing or doing something similar. It does happen every time I'm on the map (maybe it's just me).

I don't know if it should be completely removed, as people that like playing the song or saying lines of it in chat will be upset. I think there should be a time limit to when anyone can play the song again.

Example: someone plays the song at 25:00 minutes left of map, everyone has to wait (insert time limit) before playing the song again.
Last edited by ЩĄ | AwesomeGamer on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

I agree that this is a problem. Users spam this a bit too much.

However, adding a time limit to this song isn't helping. I'm pretty sure that, once players found out the exact time, they are going to wait for it, and so stalling the round. Completely removing it, probably gets players upset.
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Post by Deity of the Mask »

Dubstab wrote:However, adding a time limit to this song isn't helping. I'm pretty sure that, once players found out the exact time, they are going to wait for it, and so stalling the round. Completely removing it, probably gets players upset.
I do realize it will upset some players. but there have been multiple times people say they don't care for the map. That they just want people to leave by playing the song over and over again. It is also the reason I put up a vote to either keep the easter egg available or not instead of a vote to remove the map simply because i know a good amount of players who (strangely) like the map.

After a good half of the server left simply because two kids kept spamming the music over and over (which happened not too long ago), it's starts to become a MAJOR problem for the server ESPECIALLY for the long time regulars and our new arrivals who are starting to become regulars.
Last edited by Deity of the Mask on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Back when i was an admin for DR (Yes, we've had this map for that long), I Hated whenever the server was on this map, due to the reason every single time someone would do the Music Easter egg. It was funny the first few times someone would trigger it while on the map, but it got old really fast. I voted yes for the kill wall, However i'd like if possible for a "cooldown" to be placed. so it won't be played every single round. If this can't happen, we should just go ahead and just place a kill wall there.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

Y E S. For every other reason listed above. Just get rid of it.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Instead of having a kill wall, we can probably edit the easter egg so that you can only play it once during a map cycle, that way people can still listen to it and it won't be spammed. It's very possible because I've done it before
ImageImage
halloweeniez

Post by halloweeniez »

Dongle wrote:Instead of having a kill wall, we can probably edit the easter egg so that you can only play it once during a map cycle, that way people can still listen to it and it won't be spammed. It's very possible because I've done it before
pls pls pls pls pls. Do not take away anymore of my memes. Also you might as well do the same for sketchyrun which is 100x times because you have two songs you can overlap 4 times over eachother.
Last edited by halloweeniez on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.
Mindacos
Veteran

Post by Mindacos »

halloweeniez wrote:pls pls pls pls pls. Do not take away anymore of my memes. Also you might as well do the same for sketchyrun which is 100x times because you have two songs you can overlap 4 times over eachother.
Dongle wrote:Instead of having a kill wall, we can probably edit the easter egg so that you can only play it once during a map cycle, that way people can still listen to it and it won't be spammed. It's very possible because I've done it before
+1 for the Sketchyrun part
Also, if the easter egg cannot be fixed to an extent, I am perfectly fine with having it removed.
Last edited by Mindacos on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

I definitely agree that it needs to be removed. It's annoying, spammable and causes undue stalling when 8 people go down to activate it every round.

I can imagine a way to limit its use to once per map cycle without adding a kill wall, but that would require a direct mod to the map itself, as opposed to one of fire's fancy laser barriers. I'd be more than happy to try to fix it myself, assuming I can gain access to the map files.
Name's Schtolteheim Reinbach V. I sacrifice at the chance doors so you don't have to.