[Deathrun] Yaybread Music Easter Egg

Buddha

Re: [Deathrun] Yaybread Music Easter Egg

Post by Buddha »

I agree it should stop. Like many people have said, it gets old really fast. The first few times I played the map was okay. But then every time the map was able to be nominated again it was chosen. And most people who choose the map are the people who know about the secret room. And that leads up to 10+ people doing that exact same place just for an annoying song. It would not even be that bad with a cool down.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I agree, the song spam needs to be stopped. Today the song was being played far too often, to the point where I forgot to hit my snd_restart key until it was too late for me to keep the song out of my head. Those kinds of preschool songs are as catchy as they are cancerous.

However, I can trace the entire issue of yaybread being overplayed to the outdated nomination system. Freak Fortress 2 has a much better system that randomizes the maps placed on the voting list, instead of being first come, first serve. In addition, it imposes nomination cooldowns to prevent a single person from controlling the map cycle. With Deathrun's system, the first map that is nominated becomes the first on the voting list, and since most players mindlessly choose the first entry, there's usually nothing that can be done to stop trolls from forcing a horrible map on the rest of the server.

Finally, I remember an FF2 map, vsh_minegay, that existed on Big Bang Gamers' FF2 servers, but could only be set as the next map by an admin - it did not appear in the nomination menu or as a filler entry on the voting list. Perhaps we could treat yaybread like this? It would allow admins to appease players that like the map's song while also ensuring that an admin is on hand to prevent the server from getting out of hand.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Overwatch Trooper 12

Post by Overwatch Trooper 12 »

Everyone who is posting here pretty much has a very similar opinion about the matter. If the current song stays, we need the kill wall ASAP, no questions asked. Spamming the song has become a major issue that needs to be layed out and addressed. Even though I am one who simply snd_restart's any song that I disapprove in Death Run without much thought, I would like to support those going out of their to kill this one.

I do, however, wish to make an alternative (if it is possible) decision towards this situation. Firstly, a kill wall would be positive reinforcement if the song stays, but it is possible to switch out the song for a different one. It may sound extreme in changing something out that is part of a maps core mechanic, but if it is possible to do so, I would approve all the way with that decision even more.
Disc [FF] needs YOU! --- ENLIST NOW!
Only together can we stop the Memed Menace that is SKIAL...
SovietLPootisBird 23

Post by SovietLPootisBird 23 »

I second the motion to disable or eliminate the easter egg completely.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Warned user for necroposting