Idle 2 and 3 Dodge ball Exploit

Neko
Veteran

Idle 2 and 3 Dodge ball Exploit

Post by Neko »

When starting a round of dodge ball on Idle 2 and 3, players are to wait on their selected teams side until the match starts. There are marked areas that, when players enter, will start the countdown for the match assuming nobody crosses the hazard line in the middle of the court during the countdown. Before entering the court, there is a friendly waiting area where dead dodge ball players can re-spawn and spectate the remaining players until the next match. When the match starts, this area is closed off automatically by glass walls that are meant to block spectators from interfering with the match, and supposedly kill anyone standing where the walls will appear. However, there is a way to prevent being killed by the walls if you stand in the right area. Not only does this prevent players from taking damage from rockets that are shot or air blasted in the court, but it will postpone a win, and cause a forfeit if both sides have a player doing this exploit until one of the players offs themselves. From what I saw, the rockets won't even target the glitched players most of the time, and the court can stay closed if the players prevent themselves from going idle. I don't have any suggestions that will not change the court completely so I won't say them unless asked, but this exploit should be fixed. Special thanks to Moose tits, winderlich, and Atomic Bunny for helping me take care of screen shots for this exploit.

Last edited by Neko on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
Anomaly
Veteran

Re: Idle 2 and 3 Dodge ball Exploit

Post by Anomaly »

This is correct.

Additionally,

1.) Airblast works in the friendly area allowing for players to take fall damage which kills the player and forces them to respawn back at the normal area instead of in dodgeball area which is annoying.

2.) RTD can be done in the friendly area just before the timer ends, then it bleeds over into a live dodgeball game.

3.) VIP size, kart, and jetpack work inside of the dodgeball room itself, allowing for some abuse. Although, this is more of a thing we should be warning them about since I am not sure it can be limited in that room.

Dodgeball has become extremely popular on Idle #2 and I have no idea why, but these issues bug me when I try to play. I also think crossing the line and delaying the game from starting, which gets abused a LOT, should be something punishable by a forced death or something to hinder the player from doing it, or attempt to change their behavior. Right now to combat it we just call them fuckwits and ask them not to delay the game and possibly call for an admin if it gets bad enough.
Last edited by Anomaly on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Neko
Veteran

Post by Neko »

Agreed. The air blast is definitely annoying and I've seen people who only want to spectate get air blasted into the court until the match starts multiple times. I think making the spectating area a melee zone could fix this issue, as well as disabling RTD from the beginning of the boxing area to the court itself.
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

This is also possible: Image
Last edited by Anomaly on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Neko
Veteran

Post by Neko »

I'm assuming that's where the cabinet used to be? Also there should be a glass wall where the hazard line is that disappears at the start of the match, and everyone is force re-spawned in the court to prevent from getting stuck in that wall. This is too prevent players from delaying the match without leaving the court area.
Last edited by Neko on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.