Admins not giving enough attention to VSH servers

Sponge

Admins not giving enough attention to VSH servers

Post by Sponge »

The people on VSH servers really need to get under control. People on these servers are not respectful towards another and not respectful in general. They also exploit, camp, the people that get to be Hale pretend to be idle then kill everyone, etc. We really need admins to spend more time on these servers in order to prevent a negative influence on newer players or players that just want to enjoy the game. I know that the admins can't control everyone's behavior, but they can inform others that hate speech or rule breaking of any kind is NOT ALLOWED and if they continue to act like this, they can be muted or banned. If these servers don't get under control, the future of these servers won't last much longer being known as great servers. We need to make the VSH servers enjoyable for everyone.
Last edited by Sponge on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armen
Veteran

Re: Admins not giving enough attention to VSH servers

Post by Armen »

I would just like to mention that in my time as a Saxton admin which was for about 2 years, the servers have always been very toxic.
It has been toxic since I joined in 2013 even when there was a bunch of admins and to this day it is still very toxic.

I don't necessarily think that it's the amount of admins that are present but maybe the fact that they aren't laying down harsher punishments?

tl;dr the servers have always been fucked.
Last edited by Armen on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

I'm assuming that you're making this thread from what happened last night.

Here's what happened:

Past rounds, you were a pyro dealing nearly 0 damage. Us regulars let it slide because we thought you were going to do damage right after we tell you to do something. When I was hale, I killed you and asked "Hale, why was I killed? There were 2 others." One of regulars (Shankin) said "You are being useless by camping as a pyro." Then you started complaining about Engineers camping. That's when I said that they are allowed to camp. You continue to argue how Engineers are camping. After that, a hale was idle for a couple of seconds and you shouted out that he was idling on purpose to kill players when they come and try to kill him. The hale later claims that he was trading with one of the players in the server. You started arguing, again.

Honestly, we weren't being toxic to you. You were saying how disrespectful we are and how we are going to be hated and later kill ourselves.

I tried to reach out to Armen but you left after the map change.
Shankin
Veteran

Post by Shankin »

Well to begin with. You were being useless after we told you not to be useless. I'ts not fair to people to watch someone who is just walking around do nothing just delaying the game hiding from hale. Anyway have a good day :D.

(P.S) Being friendly/useless is bad
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.
jonite1526
Veteran

Post by jonite1526 »

Let me start off by agreeing that the servers are very toxic, but they have always been somewhat toxic, even when I was not an admin.

There is a lot of arguing and rude behavior that does go on but being on the servers it appears that the problem has occured on both sides of the argument. There is a lot of camping and hales do pretend to idle. However when we are on, the no-camping rule is enforced. I have noticed that the idling and waiting to get rage has settled down and I rarely see it.

List of camping classes:
Sniper
Engineer
Medic if pocketing an engi or a sniper

Heavys should be added to that list because heavys really don't/can't move.

I do think that we need more admins because there are just a lot of problems, I find that not only me, but the other admins, have to jump back and forth between servers to cover reports. To your point about the amount of time we spend, we spend a LOT of time on the servers. I have tendonitis from playing too much.

The admins on the VSH servers have become more strict about rule breaking due to the high amount of rule breakers.

Spammers usually are usually instantly muted, depending on the severity increases the time. HATE SPEECH IS NOT TOLERATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ON OUR SERVERS. When we are on, we do not tolerate it at all. There have been many people banned as a result of hate speech.

To Armens point about the serverity of punishments:
We (as in all the admins) have received more comments about the harshness and strictness of many of the punishments. However the strict enforcing of these rules has noticeably improved the overall behavior within these servers.

Addressing the comments of the other regulars that have commented on this thread:
It appears that you have somewhat a misunderstanding of the rules and intentions of the players trying to tell you the rules. When you repeatedly don't follow the rules, players do get frustrated.
It appears as though you were stalling, not dealing dmg, being friendly which are infractions that you made.

"how we are going to be hated and later kill ourselves. "
The fact that this point was addressed, makes me EXTREMELY angry. Not only have you infracted the rules listed above, but you went above and beyond the tolerated about of disrespect, and then proceed to undermine the work of the admins that are on the servers. I have a good amount of patience, and I am tolerant of many things, but making these comments of the admins and the servers makes me furious.
Let me say that, if you were to say this while ANY of the other admins were on, you may of been:

A) Muted/Gagged
B) Kicked
C) Temporarily banned depending on some other factors.

Please, follow the rules, and make sure to fully inform yourself of those rules. Feel free to ask an admin about a certain rule. If you have a problem with a certain player, please talk to an admin. If you notice any hate speech or extreme disrespect, please take multiple screenshots of the problem so that we have all the disrespectful comments as well as the context so we can properly punish a player.

Sincerely,

=^-^=
=^-^=
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

"how we are going to be hated and later kill ourselves. "

Ok, it's been way too long since this happened because I want to forget about this and I don't remember everything I said, but if I did say that, I'm really sorry.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

I feel it's best for me to not return to VSH. In combination with this all happening and Zekn accusing me of selling out a really close friend (which I didn't) that got banned about over week ago shortly after, I don't think it's worth going to because it will bring back the memories of those days. I think I'll just stay on the both Idle, and Trade MC servers to make sure people are following the rules and making sure everything on those servers is going alright.
Last edited by Sponge on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

I don't mean this in a negative way, but I think it's best for you to do that. The way you disrespect the regulars who were there last night and the way they do the same.

Requesting a lock.